IMG_20210904_122337_749.jp(…).jpg (50.4 KiB, 640x640) google saucenao
How do you cope with feeling like a financial burden? No.11473

I am currently NEET trying to get into art school. However I don't know if I will ever be able to find a job in the art field (and even if I do, it won't pay much) and because of autism and other stuff I don't think I would be able to get a job as a barista or similar.
My parents are not doing well financially right now and I just wish I could give them the life they deserve, the son they deserve. They put so much effort and hopes in me and all I am is just a pathetic leech. I don't know how many people love being neets. I absolutely despise it. I just want to be normal and make my parents proud.

Sorry if it's not the right imageboard but I didn't want to post this on 4chan.

No.11475

>>11473
Personally I would be more ashamed to be a wagie. Being a NEET means you have all the time that you are awake to dedicate to your art, I think art school is overrated, Many famous cartoonists never went to art school yet their characters are known all over the world. What kind of art do you do? painting, photography, cinematography, comic books, 🅱️ideo games?

You are by no means a leech and don't let wagie propaganda destroy your future magnum-opus.

No.11483

They shouldn’t have put all their eggs in one basket.

No.11508

Have you tried selling your plasma? You can make an extra $400/month pretty easily. Doesn't even feel like work tbh

No.11511

You should sell your works, most of the art I bought came from independent self taught artists, mostly abstract expressionist paintings.
You can even combine painting with performance art like Mr. Kim here.
https://youtu.be/s8zreHieq14

No.11512

This guy is a biologist turned living kinetic sculpture.
https://youtu.be/6gYBXRwsDjY

No.11513

I despise humanity and never want to contribute to the abomination

No.11518

>>11473
success in the modern art field is basically dependent on your skill at marketing yourself. i doubt you could do this since you're autistic, but if you live in america, you could brand yourself as "neurodivergent" and get a free job. it may sound like scamming the system, but if you aren't stupid, life is about scamming the system,

No.11520

>>11513
Based.
>>11518
Exactly you can sell people shit in a bag if you know how to market it!

No.11546

>>11473
Fuck parents. It’s their fault we’re still alive.

No.11547

I don't think you're gonna be any less of a financial burden to your parents by going to art school...

No.11552

State pays anon Grundsicherung (rent and gas plus ≈450€)

If it would not I'd just had to spend my last few bucks on a good rope.

No.11555

>>11552
gas=heating bill

No.11557

>>11546
Based!

No.11739

>>11475
Sorry I'm replying only now. Just fought with my parents about money, so I remembered of this post
I draw but I'm not that good. I know art school is overrated but in my country there is basically no art industry so it's even more difficult to get a job.
>>11508
In our country the state doesn't give you money for donating blood

Thank you anons for the advices but I don't think I'm good enough and even if I could sell something it would still not be enough. It just makes me so upset that I could have done so much more with my life but now I'm just rotting away.

No.11749

>>11739
Gay

No.11751

>>11749
kys

No.11832

>>11739
Look on the bright side bro: at least you're not a wageslave.