flanstoleshoes.png (530.43 KiB, 621x669) google saucenao
No.2689

Name hikikomoris (or ex-hikikomoris) who have succeeded in proposing an interesting and popular artistic work
1.Hideaki Anno
2.Shinichiro Watanabe
3.Parannoul
4.Kikiyama
5.Tatsuhiko Takimoto
6.Noko (Shinsei Kamattechan)

No.2692

If you wanted to make me feel like shit, you succeeded. Notice how they’re all Japanese?

No.2693

at what point was watanabe a hikikomori? for that matter, I don't remember hideaki anno being one either. in fact his horrible depression was in part caused by otaku culture being so accepting of defeatist thinking like that to start with, I think.

>>2692
what even was the last popular + interesthing thing to come out of somewhere other than japan?

No.2697

>>2693
literally anything other than anime

No.2698

>>2697
I haven't seen any good games or TV shows come out of somewhere else since game of thrones went to shit. I admit it might just be because no one I know is talking about that stuff, but I'm gonna need some kind of concrete example if that's the case

No.2703

>>2698
I can't really give a concrete example since I "consume" anything I like, but all I can really say is don't blindly praise Japan, and look for things and games outside of the East. Good things come from there as well. Japan makes more shit (in my opinion) than actual art anyways.

No.2704

>>2703
I guess it's just a difference of opinion then since I do look and rarely ever find anything. if I'm lucky, and I mean really lucky, I'll find an indie game put out by some random dude in like, idaho, that turns out to be an actual good game. but that happens every few years at best.

No.2743

Kapura Gloomy_goat on twitter is a recovering hikikomori girl who is an amazing artist and really getting out there!

No.2759

>>2743
>recovering
Get outta here. As you can tell, I hate students as well.

No.2760

>>2759
Not in education, employment, or training.

It's valid

No.2762

>>2760
Not saying it isn't valid. Just don't like it when you plug people like that.

No.2763

>>2762
I agree with you anon. If someone is in enrolled in education, they aren't a NEET

No.2782

Nick Smith aka Ulillillia got a job at like 30 as a cashier after being NEET all his life.

No.2801

>>2782
this is not a success story I was hoping for -_-

No.2807

>>2801
I was too nice to make that observation myself.

No.2810

>>2807
>>2801
Yeah I realized after posting it was wrong. Couldn't delete the motherfucker though..