1652937155307691.png (723.08 KiB, 1800x1534) google saucenao
Suggestion for neet.moe No.6457

Remove the dead video game and Japanese boards. It seems like most people are only interested in posting on /neet/ including myself. It would make the site seem more active with fewer boards.

Also unrelated but I'm looking for feedback on my new video game genre taxonomy (I made a thread on /v/)

No.6458

I don't tend to post there either. /neet/ really serves fine for all kinds of threads, so I could see removing the others as being fine. idk i'm kinda neutral on it. I could also see people just never posting threads about the topics on those boards if those boards were removed. plus there's all the existing threads there

>It would make the site seem more active with fewer boards.
hmmm do we really want it to seem more active? it's not like i want to post in completely dead forums or anything but when the posting speed on sites gets too fast it does deter me a bit. feels less chill

i don't know enough about video game genres to say whether your taxonomy is good or not but there are things about the ways we normally classify games that i find to be kind of unhelpful so i can see value in it. boomer shooter is the most hilarious genre name ever

No.6465

>>6458
I think it'd be quite a while before this site became active enough that the PPH became too high, at which point the admin could just add the boards back.

Boomer shooter is supposed to reference old-school singleplayer shooters with levels they are basically mazes with keycards. Doom and Serious Sam come to mind.

What about DRPG as a substitute for action RPG?

No.6507

/neet/ just ends up being a /b/. I don't think anything needs to be changed.

No.6514

The advantage of having /a/ /g/ /v/ and /日本語/ there is that it kind of sets the mood for visitors to understand what are the main interests of the neets, though they should be able to figure that out by lurking or just knowing what imageboard neets in general are like. /a/ content gets rid of the majority of dopamine addicted frogsoyjak children at least.

It also doesn't matter much because the frontpage serves as an /all/ so it's not like I miss out on anything or it's harder to find content.

No.6516

doesn't matter.
>The advantage of having /a/ /g/ /v/ and /日本語/
... is having shit splattered in different places
>/a/ content gets rid of the majority of dopamine addicted frogsoyjak children at least.
bullshit

its a all purpose forum for incels. prove me wrong

No.6527

This is so sad to see. Neet dot moe was meant to be a /jp/ and /a/ comfy style board for neets that want to take it easy Instead of a /r9k/ tfw no gf ugly board judging by the initial topics on the site the admin used.

It is to be expected because there weren't any rules to begin with and the admin cannot handle things alone but I admit it was a fun experiment letting this imageboard take whatever direction the users wanted.
Such a shame because the only reason I'm still using this site is because of its design.
It's so beautiful but the constant ugly eyesore images and cp make me not want to open it.

No.6530

>>6527
Here's my suggestion to the admin: There are more users now, so you can either make /neet/ the frontpage again or make a new frontpage that lets you see the 1st thread of each board. This would increase the activity of other boards and keep the argumentative people in /neet/.

Not everyone becomes angry and feel the need to put other neets down after becoming a neet y'know? We're all struggling in life but please remember to take it easy at least on the internet.

No.6531

>>6516
>... is having shit splattered in different places
Somehow despite it being written and obvious from the frontpage you missed that it's all collected in one place making them more like tags than actual boards due to the community size.
>bullshit
It does, actually.
>its a all purpose forum for incels. prove me wrong
That's just what you want it to be.

No.6533

shut up

No.6620

>>6514
I disagree that anything that occurs here filters out the frogsoyjack dopamine addicts, but I agree that there is some value in "setting" the tone

No.6623

gove is gay

No.6631

>>6620
It filters out most of them immediately by just being slow, but also by avoiding the stereotypical imageboard design and having mostly anime related OPs gets rid of half the froggers who think anime is gay. Won't filter out all of them, but it's quite effective at reducing inflow.

No.6632

gove is gay not anime.

No.6668

Suggestioninos:

1) Have more than 1 question in the FAQ

2) Have the source link at the top of the screen actually lead somewhere