1711540690637623.jpg (112.59 KiB, 1176x1200) google saucenao
No.224

how are you supposed to start learning japanese when it's so difficult..

No.225

It's literally not, and people who say it is are deceiving you or got deceived. It's only hard if you follow shit advice such as going to classes, reading textbooks, using "apps" like duolingo, studying kanji, doing anki, etc.
Memorize the kana, read some basic baby grammar, and JUST READ NIGGER. You will learn the words from seeing them a lot (and checking their definition when you don't know them) and assimilate the grammar from seeing it a lot.
It's the same process as learning literally any language.
And no, kanji are not some scary voodoo and you don't have to waste time studying them (unless you want to do handwriting). You literally naturally learn them from learning words that contain them.

No.227

Untranslated hentai

No.232

>>225
but how do i learn words from reading.. i could never even do this with english im very slow compared to the average person..

No.233

>>232
How did you learn English (I assume it's not your native language)? Unless you only know like a thousand words it's not like you had a teacher or an "app" teaching you literally every single word you know? And what about your native language?
Though if you're actually "slow" at language learning, that might be a brain problem and there's not much you can do about it. And I guess in that case something like Anki for the 1000~3000 most common words could help. There's also a thing called "mining" which is basically turning words you don't know when reading/watching something into Anki cards to review later, and while I think that's a dumb waste of time, maybe it could end up being helpful to you.
Also, a large portion if not most of Japanese words are composed of multiple kanji. So for example 精 (sei; spirit) + 液 (eki; fluid) = 精液 (seieki; semen), or 自 (ji; self) + 殺 (satsu; kill) = 自殺 (jisatsu; suicide) (I know, weird words to choose). While I think that studying kanji is a waste of time too and I mostly picked them up from learning words with them, it could possibly help you understand and learn words easier if you studied some kanji.
I guess you may have to experiment with different things if you think that you will have a hard time mostly learning "normally" from context.
>>227
Also, this is kind of true. If you're looking for beginner material, ero material tends to be easy enough. Though it's obviously going to have more language related to sex etc, which overall might not be too useful, but you might find it interesting/funny. Also, while manga aimed at kids and teenagers has furigana (little kana on top/side of kanji words to specify reading), erodoujinshi and the like rarely have them (since they're aimed at adults. obviously)... but there are OCR (Optical Character Recognition) programs to extract the text from images to be able to look up words you don't know the reading of in a dictionary website/program.

No.234

Oh, and actually answering your question... it's simple. For example, imagine that in a manga a character is playing a guitar and another one says "you are good at playing the guitar". If you don't know what the word "play(ing)" means but know the other words, you might understand from the context that it means making music with a musical instrument, and not even have to look up the meaning of that word. In Japanese it's basically the same. But you can also deduce the meaning of words from their kanji (whether you naturally learned them, or "studied" them with a book/"app") as I said on my other post, and there are even techniques for sometimes guessing the reading of unknown kanji.
And by the way, about kanji themselves, they're not just random scribbles. They're composed of smaller parts/kanji, which may contribute to the meaning or to the reading... you can look up about it. Oh, and if you look up anything about kanji you will probably get something talking about how they may have multiple meanings and readings... that's partially true, but it's easier than what they make it sound like, and that statement often gets decontextualized and thrown around as a dishonest "argument" on how Japanese/kanji are hard or something.