81C73E23-6E10-4533-972B-FB(…).jpeg (108.34 KiB, 564x820) google saucenao
amending NEET to include people in college that don’t have jobs No.10148

I know it sounds weird but if your a college student and you don’t have a job you’re like a neet. Most college students choose to study something they enjoy rather than focus their studies solely on what will make them money so it’s similar to neetdom unless you unironically believe neetdom is just jerking off and watching anime. exceptions to this would include medical school and other vocational programs where you basically have to work for free as part of the program.

No.10149

>NEET
>Not in Education, Employment, or Training
READ, NIGGA. READ.

No.10152

>>10149
That’s why I’m suggesting we amend it

No.10153

NEET is a fun word to say so let's just clarify the definition of "education" to only refer to compulsory education. This would include everyone who goes down a grueling STEM major track because their parents told them to. The beauty of being a NEET is the freedom anyway. If you lack agency over how you spend your life, you're not a NEET. If someone deliberately chooses a major like communications or guitar or anthropology, I have hard time not calling that person a NEET. At least before they graduate and become a barista.

No.10154

>>10153
If you want an education go to the library (or the internet)
If you want to get laid go to college.

No.10156
$_20.jpg (28.36 KiB, 800x275) google saucenao

>>10148
College is a meme, a normie meme. I don't think anyone who wastes his time and money in a university campus has any right to call himself a NEET, just as Bertrand Russel believes that if you do not believe in God, Christ and immortality than you do not have a right to call yourself a christian. However I do not believe that the rejection of school and college makes NEETs ignorant, NEETs are more likely to be autodidacts, of course only NEETs and autodidacts know that word! An autodidact not only does not need teach-san to drill the curriculum into his skull, he finds things out for himself because he has already learned from a very young age how to learn. For an autodidact the concept of school and teachers are both ridiculous and stupid. Essentially trying to factory farm dissemination of information. An autodidact will potentially see another flaw with this approach, since he is free to learn whatever he chooses he can learn things outside the curriculum perhaps things teach-san would rather he did not learn.
School and College are deprecated technology, the internet outmoded them.

No.10201

That would be oxymoronic

No.10206

>>10201
how does it feel to be so braindead?

No.10210

Definitions exist for a reason.
First part-time neets, and now people in education are neets too? Where will it end?
It's time to forward domain to https://everyone.moe because apparently definitions don't matter and everyone is welcome.

No.10211

>>10148
>only people not in education, employment and training are NEETs
>only people not in education, employment and training unless that training is not for a job are NEETs
>only people not in education (except in college), employment and training unless that training is not for a job are NEETs
YOU ARE HERE^
>only people not in education (except in college), employment (unless you like your job) and training unless that training is not for a job are NEETs
>anyone who likes their employment or education is a NEET

No.10212

No, just no.

No.10213

>>10156
Based. Anyone who is 1: Learning. 2: NEET. will just use the damned internet.

No.10220

>>10211
Based. Everyone should be a NEET including wagecucks.

No.10221

>>10210
If it triggers you so much, why not just call yourself a pure NEET and everyone else (including college kids) a part-time NEET? Isn't this REEEEEEing just because you don't want to lose your social status as a "pure NEET" on the internet anyway? You can even be racist and call us part-time NEET scum.

But OP is right. I'm a college kid majoring in sociology. This is my 3rd year and every class is a complete joke. Granted I'm a B student, but that's with me barely showing up to class and being addicted to both video games and weed. My parents pay my rent and bills. I don't live on campus and I do whatever I want 95% of the time. I occasionally participate in studies for easy money too. Does that count as "employment"? Despite all that I absolutely feel like a NEET.

Tl;Dr let's just compromise and have a "pure NEET/part-time NEET" distinction. The gatekeepers can hold being "pure" over the rest of us idc

No.10223
717.jpg (75.57 KiB, 482x641) google saucenao

>>10221
KYS you no-iq nog!

No.10224
please.png (279.15 KiB, 834x446) google saucenao

>>10223

No.10266
RageFace.jpg (193.71 KiB, 3198x1799) google saucenao

>>10224

No.10267
nigger.jpg (132.66 KiB, 974x580) google saucenao

>>10221
>You can even be racist and call us part-time NEET scum.
Nah, we'll just call you wagecucks.

No.10368

>>10148
>>10221
You disgust me. Keep seething wagecuck no matter how much mental gymnastics you try to be one of us you'll never be a real NEET

No.10369

>>10221
>Tl;Dr let's just compromise and have a "pure NEET/part-time NEET" distinction. The gatekeepers can hold being "pure" over the rest of us idc
No, you're just retarded. NEET is pure by definition.

No.10370

Hikikomori Strong
Remove Meds

No.10375

Do you think you are in some type of mmorpg and you will gain some bonus for having a title after your name? And why the NEET one? It's like having the title "The Man Defeated by Slimes". There are dozens of others buzzwords you can find to put in your sns profile who will fit you and will make you look cooler to your friends. The majority who comes here is hoping to find other peoples in the same situation, altering the term only will make new ones be created and the actual neets here imigrating to other places.

No.10377

>>10375
That's what OP is saying though, most college kids are pretty much NEETs in all but name. We live very similar lives to pure NEETs 95% of the time. That 5% of time we take exams or write papers is why we're called part-time NEETs. We have a distinguishing term. The debate is over.

No.10378

There is an antiwork culture. Why don't the people in education just say they're antiwork?

I don't have much in life. I at least want to be able to hold being a truNEET over other people on the internet.

No.10379

*Being a NEET is suffering*, so it's stolen valor when people in employment, education, or training identify with NEET culture.

Fuck off, enjoy your happy antineet life, and kys

No.10383
uni.jpg (291.31 KiB, 1200x800) google saucenao

>>10377
I still can't believe you're PAYING for something you can get on the internet for free, and what do you expect to get at the end of it a few fancy pieces of paper? Diplomas are a meme.

No.10387

>>10383
If you want higher chances of getting a job you need fancy papers
But this isn't something a neet would need

No.10388

>>10387
Exactly, so why is OP wasting his time and money at an NPC mind formatting plant for anything other than becoming a wagie at the end, he is no NEET, he's a gay-ass wagecuck wannabe.

No.10389

>>10383
I go to college for free

No.10391

>>10389
Still a waste of time.

No.10443

>>10388
I'm just going to college so my parents will keep paying my rent. Seems like something a NEET would do. In fact, NEETs who have to deal with social workers once a month are less of a NEET than I am

No.10444

>>10378
>I don't have much in life, at least let me hold being a pure NEET over other people
>>10379
>*Being a NEET is suffering*, so it's stolen valor/cultural appropriation for a slacker in college to call himself a NEET
Interesting how all the NEET purists seem to hate being a NEET 🤠

OP is right. These part-time NEETs who want to go full-time are orders of magnitude more NEET than these full-time NEETs who wish they could stop being a NEET.

No.10458

>>10443
>>10444
You are all closeted freeters!
Accept it, you will never be NEET.

No.10460

>>10444
>YOU HAVE TO LIKE BEING A NEET!!!!!!
this is a literal meme tier idea being spread by NEETpride dude and some other retards. doesn't align with reality,

No.10464

>>10460
>he thinks fags who hate being NEETs are closer to the platonic ideal of NEET than part-time NEETs who want to go full-time

No.10473

>>10460
NEETpride=Based
FREETERpride=Cringe

No.10483

>>10460
It's easy to say that being a neet is perfect and act like people should be proud about it when they're not even neets. Their actions will only result in increasing amounts of neets until neet protections become diminished and it ultimately hurts all us neets. NEETpride freeters are sharing damaging views to our lifestyles.

No.10487

>>10483
Think about what you're saying: no NEETs have NEETpride. Not everyone is as pathetic as you. Learn how to be a NEET and happy about it: https://neetpride.wordpress.com/2019/05/31/the-8fold-path-of-the-comfy-neet/

No.10490

>>10487
https://freeterpride.wordpress.com/2019/05/31/the-8fold-path-of-the-comfy-freeter/

No.10499

>>10490
Nice one anon!

No.10506

>>10388
I go for free and i enjoy college because I get to receive face to face instruction from experts in the field. It’s easier to focus when I’m not distracted by the other stuff that exists on the internet, and there’s a lot of morons on the internet that have convinced others they are experts when they really don’t know anything. I enjoy doing assignments and receiving feedback that confirms I understand the material, plus I can ask my professor questions if something isn’t clear. and college is a great place to make friends as well

It seems like you just have a specific view of what neetdom should be (which is just jerking off and watching anime) and getting mad that things aren’t so clear cut

No.10512

>>10483
Based.

No.10514

>>10506
get out you normie freeter, you do not belong here!
>which is just jerking off and watching anime
jerking off, watching anime, writing software, cooking pizza, mindful meditation, robotics and automation, shitposting, effortposting, playing with onekochan, having earlobe sucked by onekochan, hacking, substance abuse, reading, drawing, playing video games, writing video games, hacking your games console to run DOOM, UNIX wizadry, blender, GIMP, inkscape, animation, building stuff out of LEGOs, RC vehicles, ham-radio, rocketry, electronics, CAD, CAM, science, astronomy, printmaking, carpentry, metallurgy, etc...

No.10518

>>10514
>can't address a single point i made
top jej

No.10522

>>10518
>claims to be NEET
>goes to college
Not in (something missing), Employment or Training.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEET
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeter
take this kokujin!

No.10526

>>10522
so NEETs are not allowed to not allowed to learn anything new. Just jerking off and watching anime. Literally the consoomer meme.

The reason that Education and Training are included in EET is because it as seen as an extension of employment, because people usually do those those things in an effort to get a job

No.10529

the post that started the NEET-freeter war,,,

No.10531
dij.jpeg (12.33 KiB, 194x259) google saucenao

>>10526
> NEETs are not allowed to not allowed to learn anything new.
That's not the case, my illiterate friend. As a NEET you can learn anything new, as long as you're not in the education system aka schools, college, university.

No.10532

>>10531
So now we’ve moved from education to ‘educational system’. kek

Khan Academy is an ‘educational system’, are you not a neet if you take a course there?

No.10533

Ugly memes, Buzzwords and mental gymnastics
This place is now just like 4chan

No.10539

>>10533
>First came the frogposters,
>I did not mind frogs so I did not speak out
>Then came the incels
>I did not mind incels so I did not speak out
>Then came the poltards
>I did not mind pol so I did not speak out
>Then came the freeters