61535.jpg (28.38 KiB, 290x475) google saucenao
What book do you think everyone should read? No.12270

Not necessarily your favorite book or the most entertaining book. I'm talking about books with useful ideas you think everyone ought to learn about.

For me it's def The Selfish Gene. While not too aggressively antitheist, Dawkins lays out a pretty reasonable theory for how abiogenesis occurred, which shuts up a lot of christcucks. Then there is obviously tons of more concrete information about genetic science. And of course, this is the book that coined the term "meme" as well as the concept of mimetics, which is more relevant than ever. Here's a copy: https://alraziuni.edu.ye/uploads/pdf/The-Selfish-Gene-R.-Dawkins-1976-WW-.pdf&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiRjKvtoav6AhUDKFkFHXlVDHwQFnoECAYQAg&usg=AOvVaw3utxSziw9UFWGw1x9vY_v-

If you have a book you think people should read, please include a pirated copy as well.

inb4 the Bible

No.12309

>>12270
You have good taste anon, I like the Dawkins too.
I also like the works of Hitch; Why Orwell Matters, No One Left To Lie To, and the one every one knows God Is Not Great.
https://youtu.be/kVDkKqkGECM

No.12310

ティクタリクはかわいいです〜〜〜

No.12315

>>12309
The right Hitchens died!

No.12362

>>12270
ignoring politisperg/philosotard shit:
Common Edible Mushrooms by Clyde M. Christens, the essential and most simple guide to edible mushrooms out there. Note that this is obviously not an encyclopedia, and will not make you a mushroom expert, it will simply make you better at finding edible mushrooms. Also includes a good guide to cooking mushrooms. Maybe not for hikkis, sorry hikkis, but it's quite a solid book,
Here's an easy download: https://libgen.is/book/index.php?md5=D2AB997E20B4DA544A995C47FCA92511
Mushrooms Demystified by David Arora is a perfect companion piece to this. Since the top one is slightly old, you should always cross-reference it with this. It's a bit more expansive, and probably not ideal for a beginner, but it's absolutely fantastic if you want to cross-reference,
Download link:http://library.lol/main/FB2BBF826E4D1EE294223194DF81B4B5
Will post more soon, have to get my fishing and foraging books in order,

No.12376

>>12362
Nice! Foraging/urban foraging is a free hobby every NEET should at least try. I actually discovered (what I'm pretty sure are) chanterelles grow in my front yard every September.

No.12881

>>12270
Words are just a construct. The World needs less Words and more Silence.

No.12882

>>12881
this is EXACTLY how I've been feeling the last year
Too much silence can break you though...

No.12883

>>12882
I say the "break you" as someone who's been in silence for years.
Still, you learn to move past it, because Words are more destructive than Silence.

It's just in Silence does the reverb of prior Words come to harvest, come with dissonance.
Most live on a treadmill unaware of the connection between prior word and reality.

As though in a metal dome with a wooden staff that hits your cross-beams forming the concave shape rested under.
And when you finally realize all the pillars you're hitting are making the high-pitched screaming in your ear do you stop.
No, hitting it more will not help, you realize.
But it takes awhile for it to sit still.
You grit through the echoes of the "past".

Make some good melodies with your words!

No.12884

>>12882
Cant break something thats already broken, right. To me there is nothing like "too much" Silence also Silcence always reminds me of the True Nature of Things, real Emptyness. I love to read on Buddhism because it teaches you how little Life really matters. We will be Dust in a few years anyway and you cant even do something about it

No.12885

At some point I want to be so mentally absent that I almost forget to eat and drink. I want the world to become so irrelevant to me that I almost starve to death because I left worldly influences behind me. That would be true freedom for me, true independence from man-made constructs. Anorexia has taught me more than anyone around me ever did.

No.12887

>>12885
Are you me? I feel the exact same way. I've been obsessed with reaching that state forever now. It's one of the only things I care about. I've schizoposted about it in a bunch of threads here.

I hope that you'll reach your moksha just as I hope i'll reach mine.

No.12888

I guess the difference for me is that I want to disconnect for an exact purpose... To prevent suffering. Both my own and others, and to feel completely detached and undeterred from all the egoistic concerns that would impede me. That's one reason, but it is also just self-indulgence. I don't necessary want to detach from everything, but I do want to be detached from all the things that are irrelevant to my objectives or just what i'm personally interested in - so, social constructs and norms, the opinions of other people, most desires and aspects of my ego, and my own suffering as well. I want to be free from all these things. Free to do anything and feel nothing. No shame, no guilt, or regret, no anxiety and suffering. And then i'd simply immerse myself in my hobbies, if that would even still be necessary, or the utterly unbiased prevention of others suffering, completely undeterred by anyone's resistance or by my brain.

No.12931

>>12888
Checked.
I've done this, and it requires complete disconnection from soyciety, like "You will never see a human face again unless you will it" levels of disconnect.
And then all this tragedy stuff becomes a comedy because it doesn't affect you but is funny as fuck.
Just knowing a world actually worth participating in is the sole purview of works of fiction goes a long way. You have no idea how many minds I've blown by showing basic shit like people that could actually be trusted and adorably fluffy waifus and them realizing wait, this should be easy but it's not real at all.
And then they have a fucking mid life crisis because they were living a lie lol.

No.12977

>You have no idea how many minds I've blown
Winning them for YOUR Agenda is indeed powerful and brave but this will probably NOT help them to find their own free Spirit you know.
>showing them this and that
but making them YOUR Puppy is the same Thing Cults trying to do. Declaring yourself the leader and showing everyone else the way is just selfish becuze you just want to push your own Ego by abusing the kindness of others

No.12982

>>12931
Didn't notice the digits till you pointed it out.
>And then all this tragedy stuff becomes a comedy because it doesn't affect you but is funny as fuck.
Ah, well, laughing at others misfortune sounds kind of egoistic to me... I'm trying to disconnect from those egoistic matters. If it hurts when i'm stabbed, then it must hurt when others are stabbed, right? It's only irrational egoism that would suggest to me otherwise. It's that same egoism that connects me to social norms and leaves me vulnerable to others criticisms. It all has it's roots in a similar place.
>"You will never see a human face again unless you will it" levels of disconnect.
That's the kind of disconnect I want. The kind of disassociation where I could even lose myself for days and forget what people even look like, or that anybody except me exists. And then I could wander the streets naked and feel no shame and literally not care at all about what anyone thinks (I don't actually want to do this kek, it's just an example). I'm curious as to how you achieved this? Did you see human faces through the internet/media/fiction, or did you also disconnect from those things? The internet is essentially an extension of society, so even using that would impede the disconnecting. I don't think you've quite attained the state i'm looking for though, cause' if you had, you wouldn't even see the point in posting things online, or expressing anything to anyone except for very specific, practical purposes.

No.12990

Any suggestions for good non-fiction? Biographies or true crime books.

No.12991

>>12990
Not a biography or true crime, but 'the man who mistook his wife for a hat' is a pretty shocking elucidation on some of the effects of neurological abnormalities. It feels stranger than fiction at times.

No.12992

I also recommend Manjit Kumar's 'Quantum: Einstein, Bohr, and the Great Debate About the Nature of Reality' which is quite a dense read, but provides a wonderfully well-written and riveting recounting of the history and development of quantum theory - from the initial discovery of the quanta by Max Plank - To the Everett interpretation and Bell's theorem. It reads like a novel, mostly, taking a more historical approach than a scientific one, but still elucidates enough of the scientific mush for you to follow what's happening. At it's core are the 'Einstein-Bohr' debates, the heated debate between the two regarding the interpretation of QM.

No.13013

>>12977
Checked.
I'm making them realize most people are worthless, what they do with that info is on them.
>>12982
No, egoism is pretending a bunch of stuff matters, you're laughing because it doesn't. And laughing will disconnect you so you can be free and walk about, saying whatever the fuck you want and not caring at all who you trigger in the process.
And I literally only engage with others anymore so I can shill my books, if it weren't for that I'd just be doing online orders of anything I want or need and having the wagie leave it at my door. I don't consider the internet the same as society as you can engage with actual humans here, that said about the only faces I am seeing are 2D. Once you understand nearly everyone but you is transient and can laugh at retards being retards, you quit taking Clown World seriously, at which point it is only a matter of time. And I've already vanished for 3 months at a time and no one even noticed or cared, and they got mad at me when I pointed this out, so I know the true nature of others and know I have no connections with them.

No.13018

>>13013
13/013, nice.
>No, egoism is pretending a bunch of stuff matters, you're laughing because it doesn't.
Well, alright. That may not be egoism perse, as long as it comes from a place of complete apathy. Although, my opinion on the matter differs. I will continue to insist that the suffering of sentient beings is the only thing in the universe with value, and that essentially if anything, that value does matter. Besides that single fact, I want as little investment in things as you. I probably -should- just learn to laugh at all the things that don't matter.
>And I literally only engage with others anymore so I can shill my books
lol based
>I don't consider the internet the same as society as you can engage with actual humans here
I'm not very optimistic about the internet. The similarities between the internet and regular society derive from human nature. Aspects of human nature appear ubiquitously online and in society, my least favourite of which is group-think. The cultures may be different, but the internet still has it's cultures and cliques. People here still tend to fall neatly into archetypes, which to me is a sign that the internet homogenises people in precisely the same way that the meat-space society does. I couldn't even count how many discord-twitter users i've met with the exact same personality, or how many imageboard users you'll come across who act identical to eachother, while pretending "No, really, we're not a hivemind, I promise." When humans collect together in large quantities, a machine is created that churns every one of them into the average of eachother. That seems to be the case online as well. Of course, it is easier to meet 'genuine' people online, for one-on-one discussions, but then, what does it mean to be genuine, anyway?
>you quit taking Clown World seriously
I've never took it seriously, to be honest... I've always thought everyone except me was completely retarded.
>And I've already vanished for 3 months at a time and no one even noticed or cared
I don't know anyone who COULD notice or care, ahaha.

Thank you for your insights on this topic, anon.

No.13024

Although, speaking of disconnect from society and disconnect from self are kind of two separate things. I want to be disconnected from society, but also from worldly influences like desire and emotion. An utterly content state where staring at the wall for days on end would be as good to me as doing anything else.

No.13076

>>13018
>Well, alright. That may not be egoism perse, as long as it comes from a place of complete apathy.
The Joker method works. It hurts you because you care, quit caring.

>I will continue to insist that the suffering of sentient beings is the only thing in the universe with value
It's ok dude, they're just NPCs. We're not talking about sapient beings.

>I'm not very optimistic about the internet.
It has a very low but non zero success rate. Also, NPCs again. My methods filter them out very efficiently.

>I've never took it seriously, to be honest... >I've always thought everyone except me was completely retarded.
>I don't know anyone who COULD notice or care, ahaha.
Lmfao based.