intro-1606344204.jpg (139.98 KiB, 1000x563) google saucenao
Is Rick Sanchez a NEET? No.14869

He is, because he is free to go wherever he wants and do whatever he wants to do. He has no financial obligations to anyone. He even mooches off his family.

No.14870

Rick and Morty is for gay Reddit faggots.

No.14871
pfft.jpg (87.07 KiB, 1366x768) google saucenao

Why do you know so much about what people like on reddit? For that matter, why do you know so much about what faggots are into?

No.14872

>>14871
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance.

The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them.

And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

No.14874

I am not ashamed to say that while I fucking hate Reddit, I like Rick and Morty.
I mostly watch anime and american cartoons suck, but I like rick and morty and it's not a guilty pleasure, I just like their adventures.
Rick is a classical rich nerd neet. He does whatever he wants and has no real responsibilities and not a part time job freeter. Definitely a neet.

No.14875

Rick is a cuck, like all cal-arts cancer cartoon characters.
Take the animegaopill, anon.
>>14870
Based.

No.14894

>>14874
I liked futurama but not this

No.14906

>>14870
"reddit" mentality isn't just reddit.
>>14894
do you like it now in ur 30s? i know i dont.

No.14924

>>14906
I still like all pre season 5 episodes
From season 5 and afterwards I don't remember enough of them to say anything

No.14963

>>14872
That last part is pretty based tbh

No.14971

Anon has the first 4 seasons on Blu-ray, but it got somewhat boring.

No.15757

>>14869
I like the Übermensch aspect of this character. A man only relying on himself whe made the universe his oyster all by himself, reaching godhood. And not making a big deal about it. All the faggy humor and embarassing shit is irrelevant to me, as what matters is his power and indifference. The act is everything and the glory nothing. I often see people criticizing the show as it's blatant modern nihilism, nothing matters and all that, but I see it as a call to self empowerment towards an incredibly hostile world that has you shackled. Men nowadays are completly castrated, total victims of their circumstances. It's refreshing to see for once someone who takes 100% responsability for everything around him.

No.15767

>>14971
Seasons 4 and 5 were weak, but I've really liked season 6 so far

No.15809

>>14869
I'd say he's more retired. Which is like a NEET in a lot of ways.
He's an old man who lives in his daughter's garage and doesn't really contribute anything, just fucks around in his own way. No-one's paying him to go on adventures.
If he needs cash for something he'll do a one-off thing, like selling weapons, but he's not 'in employment'.