ilyy2.png (278.69 KiB, 496x497) google saucenao
No.2031

I'm probably the only real depressed hikikomori neet in this place, you are all posers and liars

No.2032

I'm not even a neet, i'm just here to see another side of the spectrum.

No.2035

Being hiki doesn't mean you are automatically a NEET. And the same for the opposite.

Neets can still go out.

No.2036

I never claimed to be hiki

No.2037

>>2035
>Being hiki doesn't mean you are automatically a NEET

Yes it does all hikikomori are NEET if you work you're still apart of society.

No.2039

I am hikikomori NEET and extreme loser but I sometimes think the same as you OP.
>>2037
You can work from home not go outside and be hikikomori why split hairs I have known a few hikikomori that just did freelance coding shit online.
You are a part of society if you buy things to stimulate the economy.

No.2041

I only work from home, and I haven't had someone visit me in my apartment as long as I live here (I moved here in 2011).
Since I do online grocery shopping, my only interaction with other people is when I get out some times because I feel like I'm suffocating. I never leave my apartment in daylight, all my Windows have black-out curtains. One of my neighbors once called the police because they thought the apartment is vacant and I'm a burglar or homeless person looking for shelter.

Ever since my parents passed away, there is literally not a single person that has called me on my phone (which is good!). I don't use text messaging either, really. I simply don't communicate aside from IBs and the absolute minimum required for my brain-dead job.

No.2042

no one is real

No.2045

>>2041
>One of my neighbors once called the police because they thought the apartment is vacant and I'm a burglar or homeless person looking for shelter

How did the interaction with the police end up going? I'm honestly curious, I've worried about the same thing happening to me in recent months it makes me extremely paranoid thinking abouit it. I try to make sure that I don't do anything to make neighbors come to that conclusion. I even avoid taking the trash out sometimes until really early hours while everyone's asleep around me.

No.2046

>>2045
The Police arrived and rang the doorbell (it was around 20:00, shortly after I got back home, it was I think in December or so.

I opened the door, and there I see two police officers (guy and a woman). They ask me if I live here, and I said yes, they then ask me for how long I've lived here, and wanted to see my ID card (where it says my address). And once they checked that, they told me that a neighbor called them and was worried. I told them it's perhaps of my disheveled look and since I never leave my apartment because I work from home. They just said goodbye and left me be.

No.2050
neet.jpg (14.71 KiB, 300x276) google saucenao

>>2039
>You can work from home not go outside and be hikikomori
No fuck off that's not what hikikomori means. Hikikomori means to withdraw from society including working/going to school if you work you are still apart of society. Why the fuck would hikikomori work when they are going into isolation because that's what they are trying to get away from?

They depend on others to take care of them they are teenagers in adult bodies basiclly a never ending adolescence without an end as Tamaki Saito puts it.

>The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare defines hikikomori as a condition in which the affected individuals refuse to leave their parents' house, do not work or go to school and isolate themselves away from society and family in a single room for a period exceeding six months.[10] >The psychiatrist Tamaki Saitō defines hikikomori as "a state that has become a problem by the late twenties, that involves cooping oneself up in one's own home and not participating in society for six months or longer, but that does not seem to have another psychological problem as its principal source"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hikikomori

No.2051

>>2041
>I only work from home
This is a NEET site get the fuck out normie.

No.2052

>>2050
Look I will quit arguing over this and say whatever but in the sense of the word as it is used online in the west a hikikomori typically has anxiety or some mental issue that causes them to withdraw so I always felt that people who were shut in but worked online still fell under hikikomori despite not being a NEET.

We could split hairs and argue about applying the culturally specific and unique term hikikomori to people outside of japan in the first place but i will not bother I will just ask what do you call people who have lived in their home without leaving for years and make money working online?

Agoraphobia or mental illness is the cause of hikikomori in the west from what I have observed in online communities and I expect you are aware of this as well the cause is not the same as our eastern counterparts.

I fit the definition you use perfectly but do not see others who do not go outside but work in their home for reasons relating to mental illness as too different than NEET hikikomori there has to be a distinction because normies who were locked down because coivid may have lived as a hikikomori but are obviously not similar in any meaningful way.

I see someone who works from home and never goes outside as more of a hikikomori than someone who goes on nightwalks and leaves their home for recreational reasons personally but that is just my opinion.

No.2054

>>2052
>I will quit arguing over this and say whatever but in the sense of the word as it is used online in the west a hikikomori typically has anxiety or some mental issue that causes them to withdraw so I always felt that people who were shut in but worked online still fell under hikikomori despite not being a NEET.

Well that's wrong and normies only use the word that way because they either want it to be a more inclusive term or they are misinformed.

>We could split hairs and argue about applying the culturally specific and unique term hikikomori to people outside of japan in the first place
Nobody outside Japan is a real hikikomori. Hikikomori is a term that descries a condition unique to the Japanese culture and when it does appear overseas it typically only appears in countries where children live with their parents for a long time such as Italy Spain and South Korea where as in countries like The US homelessness is more of a bigger problem because most western parents wouldn't support NEET/Hikikomori behavior so depending on which country you live in you ether have a NEET/Withdrawal problem or a homelessness problem.

> what do you call people who have lived in their home without leaving for years and make money working online?
In the west that is called a recluse a hermit a introvert or a normal person. The western version of hikikomori is called Peter Pan syndrome Failure To Launch or just NEET or perhaps basement dweller in moms basement as well.

>Agoraphobia or mental illness is the cause of hikikomori in the west from what I have observed in online communities and I expect you are aware of this as well
No those are just a bunch of special snowflake agoraphobics calling themselves hikikomori because they feel they need a label attached to them and want to belong to a group.

>I fit the definition you use perfectly
Not if you work from home.

> normies who were locked down because coivid
Codvid shut-ins aren't hikikomori either

>I see someone who works from home and never goes outside as more of a hikikomori than someone who goes on nightwalks and leaves their home for recreational reasons personally but that is just my opinion.
That's retarded because literally the majority of hikikomori do that.

No.2055

>>2054
I largely agree with you I just think using the term hikikomori to describe yourself in such a serious way as to have defined it as you have.

I do not think in an objective sense anyone who is in the west is a true hikikomori but if you are to use the term to describe yourself you have to be someone who avoids going outside unless needed and not for work or schooling or to socialize and have been a shut in without going outside once for at least 6 months at some point.

Japanese hikikomori may indeed as I know thye do go out to 7 11 or to the park but I personally do not view people who do this as being "hikikomori".

A lot of NEET are normalfags as well mind you they do not work they just play all the time doing drugs and parties.

Hikikomori is usually a term used online among imageboard varient of losers who do not go outside and isolate but it is commonly misused I agree.

No.2056

>>2054
By that definition, a Hikkikomori who's parents die is not a hikkikomori anymore and graduates to what? If he finds online work (for instance writing, selling stuff, etc.) he's a working member of society? I don't think so.

I guess you can simply live off the savings their parents have accumulated.

No.2096

>>2031
>I'm probably the only real depressed hikikomori neet in this place
No, you're not.

No.2411

>>2056
>By that definition, a Hikkikomori who's parents die is not a hikkikomori anymore and graduates to what? If he finds online work (for instance writing, selling stuff, etc.) he's a working member of society? I don't think so
The majority of hikikomori live with their parents some do live by themselves and live off of welfare/social security or savings left by their parents before they died or their parents send them money but most are stck at home with their parents.

No.2413

>>2411
It's a welfare thing. :3

No.2414

>>2411
You can work from home and be a hikikomori ti is a fairly recent thing that people claim to be a hikikomori you must also be a NEET and is usually spread by the same people who go out for a night walk every single night and still claim they are hikikomori.
Strange how these people will attack someone who does some coding or art to make money without leaving their room as fake hikikomori even if their social anxiety is so bad they cannot leave their room.

No.2423

>>2414
The whole idea of hikikomori being able to work is an idea that was spread by sites like Reddit and 4chan because when the word came into the English language in 2010 it got lost in translation similar to Otaku. Hikikomori in Japanese means a NEET who is shut-in and doesn't leave the room they withdraw themselves up into in the house they live in. The only difference between NEET and hikikomori is that a NEET can have a social life go outside regularly and have friends where as hikikomori generally don't do that. Also going on night walks doesn't stop you from being a hikikomori most Japanese hikikomori leave their rooms to go to a convenience store near by at night.

No.2425

>>2423
What do you think about the people who claim you cannot be a hikikomori if you have friends online?

No.2430

>>2425
I've been a shut-in for a few years now and I think it depends on the circumstances
Like someone who just became a NEET during covid and has a lot of online friends I think is still a normie and depending on the degree they socialize with their online friends as well. Right now a lot of people only have just online friends due to restrictions. I wouldn't consider those people a hikkikomori. Plus it depends on how intimate they are and what they share
I don't think someone who acts social and is engaging with a lot of people could be classed as a hikkikomori

No.2433

Here i will just leave this here.

https://www.academia.edu/9948534/Hikikomori_Adolescence_Without_End_by_Saito_Tamaki

No.2434

>>2425
Those people are idiots

No.2442

>>2430
> someone who just became a NEET during covid and has a lot of online friends I think is still a normie
I agree.

>I don't think someone who acts social and is engaging with a lot of people could be classed as a hikkikomori

In the Japanese Discord servers i have been in most of the Japanese hikikomori keep to themselves and only talk to a few people. Most Japanese hikikomori are interacting with people on places like 2channel/5channel. The hikikomori board on 2channel has a big red message at the top of the page that says

少しでも会社や学校に行ってる人は、ここではヒッキーではありません。
家の外に出られない、友人が一人もいない、そんな人もこの板には多くいます。
外に出られる人は思いやりをもって話題を選んで下さい。

Which basically says if you have a job or go to school you're not a hikikomori there are too many people on here who cannot leave their homes and have no friends if you can go outside please be considerate with your topic.

No.2443

You know we cannot even participate in communities without stress even online because the social drama that is inevitable.
This anon feels as if there is no hope for anything no respite through camaraderie beyond anonymity and it is all so soul crushing.

I just want a friend who enjoys the same interest and I can comfort but I am far to unstable to entertain a friendship even in the rare chance I have one plus venturing into the platforms where people make friends is scary.
there is little hope

No.2446

>>2443
>You know we cannot even participate in communities without stress even online because the social drama that is inevitable.
This is why i am not active in most NEET/Hiki circles anymore.

No.2447

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXmciio-zGA

This is a good video.

No.2449

>>2446
Same here.

By those definitions I'm more of a Hikki than NEET.

I have no friends at all, not even online. I don't even participate in online communities, other than IBs. I collect disability benefits, because my parents are long deceased. But I also do make some extra money, from investment in CC and ETFs, and the occasional job in coding, etc. However I'm never showing my face, or use real names, and I never interact other than through text, preferably, not even chat.