coffee.jpg (1.06 MiB, 1061x1523) google saucenao
quitting internet? No.3017

Hello!
Had anyone else come to decide that they are better off abandoning the internet for communication and only using it for media?

Internet is not much fun anymore and so many of us try to live in the past when we maybe should move on.

There are still fun, levelheaded people out there but it is too much effort for this anon to be bothered looking for them and talking to them.
Why talk to people if you can pass your time without people?

What do you anons think?

No.3018

>>3017
ive embraced the clownworld meme, people on the internet are for your own entertainment, unless they're levelheaded

No.3020

>>3018
millions of people online and only a small number of Eng speaking anons who are not retarded.
what gives

I find it all so tiring and not fun anymore and that is the problem. I am the problem. Everyone else has fun on twitter and reddit by repeating the same meme and thoughts. I am defective

No.3022

>>3018
Based

No.3023

Finally a thread I can actually post in.
I’ve thought about it many times in the past. In the few times I’ve been able to drop vidya and internet I’ve been so much more productive until the temptation comes back. The unfortunate reality isn’t unlike the reason for most addictions though perhaps less intense: when real life isn’t for you then you turn to something that is. It certainly held true for a while until normalfags turned the internet into shit.
I could try and leave the internet, and there’s certainly a lot of reasons to do so, but then I wouldn’t have anything that holds my interest or is even accessible for me in real life.

No.3024

>>3020
ive been having fun on the Japanese side of Twitter

No.3025

>>3023
Quitting the internet to be productive is fine but I do not think it is fair to beat yourself up for being able to enjoy something you do not see as productive. I am in a similar boat as you so know full well what you meant and personally browsing online can be so unproductive that simply watching moe anime appears productive in comparison.

Novelty itself is what makes the internet so addictive, you may scroll and find only shit but it is always unexpected no matter how mundane.

NEET should have a creative hobby to fall back on like drawing because you run out of media to eat eventually.
My books had just arrived including some manga and I doubt I will do much with them for today at least.

No.6423

I'm always trying to quit the internet, but I always come back because i'm lonely. I think if I find an outlet of some kind i'll finally be able to quit.

>>3020
>millions of people online and only a small number of Eng speaking anons who are not retarded.
It's quite strange, isn't it! You'd think non-retarded people would be slightly less uncommon, but maybe it's due to the fact that the non-retarded people go online and see large quantities of retards, and are effectively filtered from the internet for not also being retarded. Ergo, the levelheaded persons move onto things which are more worthy of their time, while the retards congregate in massive swarms. Then, as time passes, these retards slowly malnourish the internet of any quality, creating a cultural echo chamber of garbage. Now, if anyone decent wants to engage with the internet for communication, they are forced to adapt to a culture of retardation, and this pushes the non-retards away from the internet even more, and the cycle continues and the internet deteriorates more and more, as it inches towards complete homogeny.

The retardation of the average internet user is, in my view, a symptom of the retardation of the average human. Most people on earth use the internet now, and since retards are the majority, they made the online culture the culture of the majority - a retarded culture.

No.6424

I'd also add that it's quite sad that this happens, since the non-retards are also filtered from the real world mainstream culture as well. They don't have a place to belong anywhere, unless they search the sea of garbage for likeminded persons; And these persons tend to be estranged. Not the types of people that are easy to find out in the open.

No.6438

>>3017
B...but... Internet is the last thing where I can communicate with other... I'm pretty sure I'm gonna suffocate if I quit from it.

No.6439

good luck getting funds IRL retarded anime enjoyer

No.6443
ser.jpg (54.9 KiB, 399x305) google saucenao

The world has always sucked so it's up to us to make it better. This includes the internet.

You're a NEET so you have the freedom to spend your time how you want, but I implore you to reconsider ditching the cyberworld. If you're as chill as you claim to be then we need you here.

No.6446

I don't think I'll ever be able to afford to quit the internet, but I find myself having less energy to browse it obsessively especially as real life continues to merge with it more and more. It won't be that long before all the links I've painstakingly saved are obsolete.

No.6525

>>3017
I've thought about this a lot myself. As years go by, the internet gets more and more unbearable and retarded. It used to be a place you could go to escape the mainstream culture of real life. Now days, the internet and real life have just become totally intertwined. All the stupid fucks you see in real life are the same stupid fucks you will see online now. Normies have taken over the internet with their stupid mainstream shit. I find myself hanging around websites like this, as well as 4chan, because they're the only places left that still offer the "old internet" experience. But even 4chan is really going down the drain now days. A lot of websites I used to like are just garbage now. IMDB is an example. They took out the entire community feature, and made the website's layout disgusting so that iToddlers could use it.

I don't really know what to do anymore. I still browse the internet a ton, I guess just out of habit, it's what I've always done. I still like discovering things on the internet, like weird music, anime or games that I've never heard of before. That is still a thing I can do on the internet for the most part. I also still like to use the internet to torrent stuff.

I don't know if I can truly quit the internet. I don't really have much of a life outside of it. I get lonely and desire to connect with people online. But I look at how all the online communities are now, and it's clear that there's no place on the internet for me anymore. Asides from maybe here. I get crazy nostalgia thinking about the 2000s and early 2010s internet, remembering how fun it was and how I loved its culture. It's the total opposite now. I fucking hate the modern internet and its culture. I absolutely hate that I literally can't escape politics no matter where I go.

I feel like the more time I spend on the internet, the more and more I am pushed into obscure corners of the internet to find like-minded people, like here. I don't know. Maybe I'll do what you are thinking of doing, OP. Stop using the internet for communication purposes, except for some of the friends I have on Steam and Discord, and only stick to it to research and download stuff.

No.6528

>>6439
ew zoomer

No.6546

The internet is pretty much my last link to human communication so to abandon it is basically social suicide.

No.6556

>>6443
based

No.6561

>>6525
I wasn't around for the old days of the internet, and yet I constantly hear it mentioned that it was better back then. I've seen some some people say the opposite, but mostly people saying it was better and has gotten worse.

If there was a time where it was actually good, i'm sad I missed it.

No.6563

>>6561
It's an irrefutable fact that it has gotten so much worse over the years. Even just ten years ago it was far more bearable, and twenty years ago was a crazy time we'll never get back. The influx of people who can only use phones with zero understanding or effort put into researching anything at all, the complete destruction of political neutrality and constant culture wars, the centralization of everything. The constant need for approval every normalfag has. You'd think most sites are just filled with AIs and I'm not being main character here, there's just so many people who have been emotionally programmed to make fun thing about themselves or argue about everything constantly instead of just having fun.
Still though, small sites continue to exist and I can still watch anime for free. It's not too bad, yet.

No.6615

>>6423
Anonymity = humanity.

No.7766

The internet is cheap and infinitely larger than real-life. And with vr, people are going to be doing what little socializing they used to do in the first-world, in the second-world.
I can't afford irl hobbies, and I'm not a thrill seeker.
We need to find some way to program the golems to seek no-requirements euthanasia laws.