22968.jpg (12.32 MiB, 3250x3250) google saucenao
No.3266

Why are so many imageboards such shit? They're either too slow or too fast. The users can be dumber than a box of rocks or the kind of angsty do-nothings that don't like anything gets posted at all. Too boring or too stupid but never any fun. They're all garbage these days.

No.3269

What kind of person are those boards meant for in 2021?

No.3276

>>3266
that looks very comfy

No.3277

>>3276
Imagine the smell

No.3284

>>3266
>Why are so many imageboards such shit?
Who cares? This one is lovely!

No.3286

>>3266
youre just old and wanna relieve a time where things were acceptable for you instead of being a old person without any hope

No.3287

>>3284
You’re lovely, anon!

No.3288

>>3287
<3

No.3289

>>3286
shutup cunt

No.3290

>>3289
shutting up doesnt change reality, you might wanna simulate old times through a screen but the zeitgeist its gone, adapt and overcome or curl up and die

No.3292

>>3289
You got to find your people man while you still can.

No.3296

http://trichan.lark.ru

http://180chan.lark.ru

http://155chan.lark.ru

No.3302

There was one unique imageboard image I remember visiting earlier this year, it only allowed posting for one hour twice a day.

Once in the morning, once in the evening and every reopening of the board began with a fresh new slate -- no threads or posts saved (there was only one thread anyway).

That was the most unique imageboard I've seen yet. Would like to go back but I lost the url and I'm pretty sure they want to keep it tight-knit.

No.3343

>>3302
whar kind of content did they post?

No.3344

>>3302
/tea/?

No.3345

>>3302
There’s another board similar in concept that has nothing to do with the imageboard community located at gossips.cafe.

No.3348

>>3345
How active is that place? I checked it and there is only one person other than me but it's early afternoon in my timezone so it might get busier later on

No.3349

>>3348
I don’t use it or /tea/. It’s obvious the people there are doing something with their lives.

No.3497

Yeah they always be so, the only reason for people coming on this kind of trashy discussion board is feeling lonliness and wanting for their dose of oxytocin while doing the less effort possible, say shitposting. But that seems there is no activity anymore on this one, so I just speak in the wind.

No.3508

http://hiddenwep33eg4w225lcdwcez4iefacwpiia6cwg7pfmcz4hvijzbgid.onion/index.php?title=Darknet

No.3509

>>3497
Keep that to yourself.

No.3515

>>3266
Imageboards are in a strange spot right now and they are kind of in a sink or swim spot also. Link and userbase rot threaten the medium as a whole from becoming one of those niche software things that the people who grew up with it still use like it actual BBSs and gopher.

>>3269
Imageboards have a bizarre dichotomy where there are small communities of certain "types" that use the same handful of boards that that "type" frequents. They are less political than they used to be, though some pockets of (usually extremist or unorthodox) political thought remain here and there. Though, most boards these days usually have social media rejects that usually are "trolls" who say things they want to but anonymously or identify with taking pride in being a loser. You also get:
>angsty do-nothings that don't like anything gets posted at all
who are usually bitter (sometimes wannabe) oldfags or people in or around r9k.
>>3286
>>3289
You might have a point, but there are plenty of people who simulate old times through a screen. There are people who religiously play ancient MMOs still, both officially run or private servers. Imageboards just felt the march of time much more harshly than most.
> the zeitgeist its gone, adapt and overcome or curl up and die
Is true though.
>>3349
/tea/ has both normal people who are doing things and mentally ill shut-ins, I think it's the only place where I have seem the peacefully coexist.
>>3497
Extremely slow boards have "waves" of activity. Cheer up.

No.3518

>/tea/ has both normal people who are doing things and mentally ill shut-ins, I think it's the only place where I have seem the peacefully coexist.

it depends from person to person, for me tea is shit, and its very strange that I don't mind this place.. maybe only because it didn't ban me yet and even modern neet discords and shit I've seen weren't THAT bad.
When there were less boards back in day, I had to use shut-in meme to find people that I like online. Times changed and those are unusable for anything but laughs and stalking now, but with age its easier to make something you like from almost scratch so i'm doing it instead. You can't rely on newfags. they will just cliq it up instead of leaving it all in online place.

No.3525

>imageboards such shit

It seems conversations require continuity
Not even sure what the measure is, as the bedrock of an imageboard is supposed to be wasting time.
Anything else seems to be a delusion

No.3531

>>3518
What are you making?

No.3560

>>3525
imageboards are the best for "hot takes" and after you have been around them enough you either read all there is worth hearing since opinions are basically repeated or you stop caring.

Actual conversations while anonymous that are not weekly/monthly require you to use shitchan and that is a whole lot of effort given how garbage nearly everyone is.

No.3565

>>3531
Shit of course

No.3580

>>3560
I think to finally quit imageboards is to admit that high quality information you must gather yourself; that people will rarely give it for free, and if they do, it OUGHT to come with doubts because they're naive enough to share such valuable insights

No.5383

Cause' people are shit.

Or maybe your standards are just too high.

No.5400

Image board culture went mainstream thanks to reddit. Now they're either dead and no one knows about them or they're active and mostly populated by normalfags, simps, and thots.

After the Christchurch happening and 8chan got zucked from the net, there was a mass migration of autists to discord. If you can find a decent discord server, that is probably the closest you can get to the good ol' days, but it's still not great.

No.5404

>thanks to reddit
Reddit didn't even exist when imageboards went mainstream...
>Telling people to go to discord as opposed to matrix servers
Yeah, okay...

No.5435

>>5404
We're all so proud of you for being on the cutting edge of counterculture, but the average normie did not start using imageboards until 2015. They might have heard about it or seen the memes that originated there, but they weren't actively using it and ruining the site. Also your opinion can safely be disregarded because you apparently think imageboards went mainstream in 2004. I'm sure the tech/moderation behind matrix servers is less cucked, but no one is there so there's no point to use it.

No.5437

Not going to lie, I thought Reddit started in 2010.
I don't agree that there is nobody using Matrix and using that as an argument you may as well say there is no place to use this imageboard either because it is small.

No.5445

4chan went mainstream in 2007. Reddit in its early years was a haven for programmers unlike what it is known as now.

No.5464

>>5400
Just how many posters were there on 8chan anyway? My own little board there eventually found refuge on another chan, and never transitioned to discord.

No.5467

>>5400
lul zoomer

No.5468

>>3580
tru
no reason to speak up rn

No.5494

I'm pretty bored of them now. I get the gist of it.

No.5495

Seeing the same kinds of threads and the same archetypes of people playing on repeat for years on end sounds mind numbing.

No.5496

Novelty is really really rare. But that's fine. It's not like anyone's owed it.

No.5506

>>5495
>>5496
The worst part of this is the self-replicating nature of the collective groupthink that is inherent within imageboards, meaning that the archetypes copies itself and repeats the pattern in an endless loop and with each iteration more inferior than the last.

No.5510

>>5506
the 23rd iteration of (x) poster