follow-me-satan-1895.jpeg (232.63 KiB, 1000x741) google saucenao
Effortposting No.3993

I'm curious if this is a symptom of my stupidity.

Two questions:
1. What was the most effort you put into expressing yourself online?
2. Do you still bother to put effort in online conversations? Especially anonymous.

Recently I've found myself writing out longer posts even though it's of little to no tangible benefit to myself (beyond the ability to focus on a topic more in-depth, which is rare in everyday life).

No.3996

1. Anon puts effort in creating graphics, therefore he expresses himself mostly through that. Also, anon tries to stay polite and helpful when someone is facing an actual problem and asked for help or even just emotional support.
2. Yes, of course, it's anons main route to communicate with others.

Maybe the posts become longer the more lonely one feels? Whatever made you write longer posts, it shows way more respect and appreciation to the reader than a smug one liner. And I think that anonymous boards aren't the right places to look for one's own benefits, due to the fact that a lot of users only shitpost and act like edgelords or "internet elite". Usually there's no reward for putting effort in posts, which might be frustrating, if you came to profit from it in any way.

No.3997

Hope to see some effort posting in this thread.

> What was the most effort you put into expressing yourself online?
I'm honestly not sure... I find that there's rarely ever any opportunities to do so, or at least, the opportunities aren't worth the effort. There aren't really many topics i'd actually write at length about, and they're all abstract or niche, so I doubt anyone else cares when I do. I'm probably just too stupid to have things to say about alot of things. Or just apathetic.

>2. Do you still bother to put effort in online conversations? Especially anonymous.
Do other people even warrant that effort? I only ever put effort into something when i'm able to view at as just self-expression. If I write about something, I just think of it as me talking to myself. I dunno. I really dislike justifying something I made by the responses of other people. Just makes me feel like a people pleaser.

No.3998

It's natural to me so I don't feel any effort
Talking to others is tough, online interactions don't matter much, even less if they are anonymous
I don't talk to anyone irl
I thought it was a good idea to ditch some people online, I didn't feel well with them around, I can't be sincere because I don't want to be laughed at or make others feel pity
It feels lonely but it might be for the best, at least for them
We have not had an actual conversation in a long time so I doubt they care much
And in the end if you can't meet those who you talk to then they might as well not exist, once your devices shut down you would go back to being alone, most people have real lives to attend to and such, so I understand if someone doesn't have the time

No.3999

>I don't talk to anyone irl
Noone? Oh that makes anon kind of sad.. Anon would love to talk to you.

>We have not had an actual conversation in a long time so I doubt they care much
Anon doesn't want you to feel lonely.
Do you maybe want to get in touch?

>most people have real lives to attend to and such, so I understand if someone doesn't have the time
Just reach out.

No.4001
xprt.jpg (42.22 KiB, 500x375) google saucenao

>>3997
>Do other people even warrant that effort? I only ever put effort into something when i'm able to view at as just self-expression. If I write about something, I just think of it as me talking to myself
I'm the same as this anon, I don't think of it as talking to myself but I notice that my responses depend on the effort the other person puts in. It goes both ways, IRL and online. I don't reply most of the time either because the post doesn't interest me or they worded it poorly, I mostly funpost.

>What was the most effort you put into expressing yourself online?
Every time a topic comes up where I feel like I have something not obvious/insightful to say I usually put effort in it but is mostly self-expression rather than trying to be useful. Pic related.

In short, If I have something to say I say it, simple as.

No.4002

>In short, If I have something to say I say it, simple as.
just like that. Don't feel stupid for saying nothing to topics you're not firm with. Feel good about anything you can say and adds information to the conversation.

No.4003

>>4002
*that adds

No.4005

>What was the most effort you put into expressing yourself online?
i made stupid shitpost images for no reason, i liked fucking around with stupid shit and making people at least crack a smile at seeing my dumb stuff
>Do you still bother to put effort in online conversations? Especially anonymous.
sometimes i'm so autistic that i don't know how to respond to something and sometimes i say so much shit about something so i guess it depends on what it is that i'm talking about

No.4025

Well, I am departing regardless.
Thanks for your responses

No.4041

>>4025
Why are you departing?

No.4119

>>4041
Silence houses the disciple

No.4243

1. I can't say I remember so well since I've been online for so long.
2. Not very often, no. It's usually a waste of time, I get made fun of for it, I never get to have a conversation with anybody as a result of said post, and I generally am only rewarded with reminders of why I avoid doing so in the first place.
I still feel an obligation to put actual effort into my posts so that I don't become like the average anon of today who treats every imageboard they're on like twitter and just vomits out whatever is on their mind but even if I followed that obligation all the time it does nothing against the outsiders flocking in who don't belong. At best they might recoil at the sight of "walls of text" (a paragraph or longer) but I, and others, have little to no power to ward off such people. That is up to the admins and moderators and experience has shown me that they don't care for gatekeeping. Any quality I might try and help a board maintain is liable to just disappear one day or slowly over time. If I were to effortpost and not waste my time doing so then I would become attached to the board and it would sting more when I see it crumble. Not to mention I've become lazy and tired.
In the end, there is just no reason to. Something the aftermath of making this post will likely prove true if anyone even sees it.

No.4244

>>4243
>There is just no reason to.
Agreed. But I can't stop doing it, for some reason.
To NOT give your best effort when posting feels like just as much of a waste as posting in the first place.
It almost feels like they cancel out.
>quality
The reason why imageboards stifle and eventually rot out, I think, is because "quality" is ambiguous, since the imageboard's purpose is ambiguous.

Quality is oxymoronic in a place that has nothing to strive for.

You could suppose the only reason I find this board attractive is because there's maybe an implicit striving - that NEETs are boiled down to the bare elements of reality, and either an impetus rises within them or they are at least self-aware in the continual anguish of not applying oneself, not making more of oneself (and this making of oneself is entirely a mental process, which again I think most NEETs are aware of)

In fact, because of how fond I am of chans in general I've thought of creating new software and giving it a go myself.

Maybe if there were a clear purpose to the imageboard it would stand to the test of time.

Then again I am content with neet.moe – when neet.moe is no longer then my hand is forced, I will make an imageboard.

You seem like you'd make a great mod, why not make your own imageboard - or, a better question is what sort of quality do you want to strive toward? What is the purpose of your imageboard?

No.4272

>>4244
>To NOT give your best effort when posting feels like just as much of a waste as posting in the first place.
You're probably right. But I end up feeling like I'm just wasting time and effort dumping thoughts, proofreading them, formatting them, and seeing what the aftermath is when I can just go to 4chan and drop some goofy image out of boredom. I do this because I'm often proved right but I don't enjoy being proven right.
>You seem like you'd make a great mod
To be honest, I'm just angry at the same problem rearing it's head everywhere and nobody in power ever lifting a finger to do something about it.
>why not make your own imageboard - or, a better question is what sort of quality do you want to strive toward? What is the purpose of your imageboard?
I dunno, honestly. I like to think it might be something somewhat similar to Tohno-chan but with actual gatekeeping in place. A place for the sad and lonely who happen to like anime to enjoy themselves for a change. But the problem with a place like that is that it attracts people who don't like to post and then call it "comfy" when a board is lucky to get a single post in a day. Not to mention that they're so cynical that it's almost like they slap away happiness for themselves and others so making a place for them to "be happy" is almost like a joke.
If I wasn't so lazy I might learn how to make my own imageboard but I imagine it would be very hard. Technical difficulties follow me like a curse so I don't know the first thing about making a website. But I suppose it's worth trying at least once. If I can find the energy to do it. I know one thing, it would have the option to edit or at least delete posts unlike neet.moe.
What kind of imageboard did you have in mind to create?

No.4274

>>4272
Creating a basic imageboard software isn't too hard, and there are a dozen premade ones.
Post editing is bad, it encourages lack of proofreading and gives an "eh i can always edit it afterwards" vibe on posts, it lowers effort.
I don't think the internet needs more imageboards though, it just needs more posters who put in effort and there are dozens of boards for posters to go to and be the change they want to see in.

No.5191

Most "people" today are golems. If they add you to their friends-list, it's not because they want to be friends, but because they want to use you in some way - most likely to get entertainment out of you or for you to assist them in some game or provide some fake "youtube" entertainment for them.
There are only a few souls on this Earth, and it would be difficult for you to find these true friends.
When someone is public, they'll pretend to be a good person, but give them power(financial, over people, etc.) or anonymity, and you'll see just what a cancer they are. They're all consuming, sadistic cancers.

I try to type everything I feel, but it's difficult to find a way to express it all.
It's good to get things out, even on a lonely site like this.

No.7787

Going all out is the only way to go. Anything less is a sign that the person doesn't have a soul or balls.