follow-me-satan-1895.jpeg (232.63 KiB, 1000x741) google saucenao
Effortposting No.3993

I'm curious if this is a symptom of my stupidity.

Two questions:
1. What was the most effort you put into expressing yourself online?
2. Do you still bother to put effort in online conversations? Especially anonymous.

Recently I've found myself writing out longer posts even though it's of little to no tangible benefit to myself (beyond the ability to focus on a topic more in-depth, which is rare in everyday life).

No.3996

1. Anon puts effort in creating graphics, therefore he expresses himself mostly through that. Also, anon tries to stay polite and helpful when someone is facing an actual problem and asked for help or even just emotional support.
2. Yes, of course, it's anons main route to communicate with others.

Maybe the posts become longer the more lonely one feels? Whatever made you write longer posts, it shows way more respect and appreciation to the reader than a smug one liner. And I think that anonymous boards aren't the right places to look for one's own benefits, due to the fact that a lot of users only shitpost and act like edgelords or "internet elite". Usually there's no reward for putting effort in posts, which might be frustrating, if you came to profit from it in any way.

No.3997

Hope to see some effort posting in this thread.

> What was the most effort you put into expressing yourself online?
I'm honestly not sure... I find that there's rarely ever any opportunities to do so, or at least, the opportunities aren't worth the effort. There aren't really many topics i'd actually write at length about, and they're all abstract or niche, so I doubt anyone else cares when I do. I'm probably just too stupid to have things to say about alot of things. Or just apathetic.

>2. Do you still bother to put effort in online conversations? Especially anonymous.
Do other people even warrant that effort? I only ever put effort into something when i'm able to view at as just self-expression. If I write about something, I just think of it as me talking to myself. I dunno. I really dislike justifying something I made by the responses of other people. Just makes me feel like a people pleaser.

No.3998

It's natural to me so I don't feel any effort
Talking to others is tough, online interactions don't matter much, even less if they are anonymous
I don't talk to anyone irl
I thought it was a good idea to ditch some people online, I didn't feel well with them around, I can't be sincere because I don't want to be laughed at or make others feel pity
It feels lonely but it might be for the best, at least for them
We have not had an actual conversation in a long time so I doubt they care much
And in the end if you can't meet those who you talk to then they might as well not exist, once your devices shut down you would go back to being alone, most people have real lives to attend to and such, so I understand if someone doesn't have the time

No.3999

>I don't talk to anyone irl
Noone? Oh that makes anon kind of sad.. Anon would love to talk to you.

>We have not had an actual conversation in a long time so I doubt they care much
Anon doesn't want you to feel lonely.
Do you maybe want to get in touch?

>most people have real lives to attend to and such, so I understand if someone doesn't have the time
Just reach out.

No.4001
xprt.jpg (42.22 KiB, 500x375) google saucenao

>>3997
>Do other people even warrant that effort? I only ever put effort into something when i'm able to view at as just self-expression. If I write about something, I just think of it as me talking to myself
I'm the same as this anon, I don't think of it as talking to myself but I notice that my responses depend on the effort the other person puts in. It goes both ways, IRL and online. I don't reply most of the time either because the post doesn't interest me or they worded it poorly, I mostly funpost.

>What was the most effort you put into expressing yourself online?
Every time a topic comes up where I feel like I have something not obvious/insightful to say I usually put effort in it but is mostly self-expression rather than trying to be useful. Pic related.

In short, If I have something to say I say it, simple as.

No.4002

>In short, If I have something to say I say it, simple as.
just like that. Don't feel stupid for saying nothing to topics you're not firm with. Feel good about anything you can say and adds information to the conversation.

No.4003

>>4002
*that adds

No.4005

>What was the most effort you put into expressing yourself online?
i made stupid shitpost images for no reason, i liked fucking around with stupid shit and making people at least crack a smile at seeing my dumb stuff
>Do you still bother to put effort in online conversations? Especially anonymous.
sometimes i'm so autistic that i don't know how to respond to something and sometimes i say so much shit about something so i guess it depends on what it is that i'm talking about

No.4025

Well, I am departing regardless.
Thanks for your responses

No.4041

>>4025
Why are you departing?