Feel like shit miura.png (603.62 KiB, 576x1020) google saucenao
No.4420

Wage slave here.
Neets are truly based, I am so sorry for ever doubting you all.

No.4421

Not going to say we told you so.

No.4422

>>4420
Yeah until "person with money" stops mantaining us

No.4423

>>4422
What about neetbux?

No.4425

>>4422
What do you mean, “person with money?”

No.4426

what is the proper way out of being a neet if you dont have any mental illness like me.
>>4425
whoever takes care of us

No.4427

>>4422
Neetbux go wheeeee

No.4472

>>4422
>[Being a NEET is good] until "person with money" stops maintaining us
I always find this perspective so gay and cucked. Think about it logically: the worst case scenario is you start working that shitjob at McDonalds or a temp agency that you've been avoiding by being a NEET.

Even if you tried applying to jobs in the past and got rejected, you really won't have to worry about it. You see, the people hiring for these shitjobs are usually looking for a single solitary trait in their employees. Is it good work ethic or ambition? Fuck no! It's desperation. So, when you're desperate, you will find it's a lot easier to get a job.

Oh, it will suck exactly as much as you think as OP found out. But look on the logical side: at least you would have minimized the suffering in your life as much as you possibly could. And don't forget, even if your family cuts you off, there's always the option of finding an SO to take care of you if you're a chad, gay, or a woman. So stay NEET bros. And stay proud.

Pic is for OP btw.

No.4476

>>4472
You don't know what's the worst
Some could end up homeless or dead, suicide or whatever might happen
I don't think I personally would kill myself but I have wanted to "sleep" for a long time
It depends, maybe I am exaggerating, I know nothing
Also why would one want to hire someone who has not worked in many years or ever?

No.4478

>>4476
>You don't know what's the worst
I mean, yeah, you could always CHOOSE to kill yourself or CHOOSE to be homeless or even CHOOSE to get 3 hots and a cot in prison instead of working a shitjob. However, those would have to be deliberate choices because a desperate enough person can always suck some psychopathic manager's dick for a shitjob.

Not a good job. A degrading, humiliating, exhausting, low-paying, shitjob. In this age of automation, human labor is rapidly becoming unnecessary. Work is mainly to keep you in line and too exhausted to think about societal problems, not to increase corporate profits. Every laborer a company hires costs that company money.

You probably don't think you could behave sufficiently submissive right now because as a NEET you still have dignity. But the average wageslave discarded that a long time ago. When you're desperate, your dignity will vanish just as fast. Note: this is also part of why it's easier for women to get entry-level jobs.

Besides, being not alive or homeless are honestly better outcomes than wageslavery anyway. Source: was a wageslave for 10 years, was homeless for 2 years, and was not alive for 13,800,000,000 years before my birth

>Also why would one want to hire someone who has not worked in many years or ever?
A-are you illiterate? I guess I can post it again...
>Even if you tried applying to jobs in the past and got rejected, you really won't have to worry about it. You see, the people hiring for these shitjobs are usually looking for a single solitary trait in their employees. Is it good work ethic, [past work experience], or ambition? Fuck no! It's desperation. So, when you're desperate, you will find it's a lot easier to get a job.

No.4479

>>4476
The truest NEETs go homeless before ever working.

No.4484
saejima.jpg (282.3 KiB, 1920x1080) google saucenao

>>4472
>>4478
>Think about it logically: the worst case scenario is you start working that shitjob at McDonalds or a temp agency that you've been avoiding by being a NEET
>But look on the logical side: at least you would have minimized the suffering in your life as much as you possibly could
I agree that you can get a miserable job that doesn't require previous experience easily but the true logical side and intellectually honest solution to minimize the suffering in your life as much as possible if you're a neet (that doesn't get neetbux) would be to prepare for the worst by weighting your options in the future instead of waiting for desperate times. Your argument only works if you believe every job is as miserable as flipping burgers.
Not saying people should get a job for the sake of it or that it would make them happy by default, that's dumb, I can keep being a neet and enjoy it until I feel is necessary to take action instead of being forced to do so at the last minute.

As a neet not forced into wage slavery right away you have the privilege to make better deliberate choices that don't require working jobs you aren't ready for, becoming homeless or killing yourself.

Some neets say they'll kill themselves when the time comes but whether they will do it remains to be seen, I'd be sad but at the same time I'd be able to respect them if they do it for being intellectually honest and dying for their values like Mainländer. But I can't respect them at all if they are lying to themselves.

No.4487

>>4484
Work is defined as "something you do for money that you would not do for free". If it's something you don't enjoy enough to do for free, it must not be very enjoyable. That's why most YouTubers who make a living off it had no problem streaming every day for years: they genuinely enjoy the act itself, which makes it not really count as work according to the standard definition.

What a lot of younger NEETs such as yourself don't get is that very rarely are the physical tasks the job requires the worst part. It's the customers and managers (and even other employees) you have to deal with. No one wants to be at work. They are there for money, and very few people are sociopathic enough to sufficiently mask their misery. Do you think prostitutes love their johns? Of course not. But take a prestigious job like programmer or engineer. Even the autists who genuinely enjoy solving differential equations hate their jobs because they are constantly dealing with obnoxious people. Sure, they like the money, but if they could just have the money without working they would take that offer every time. It's why a smart NEET gets into investing. The best way to make money isn't working your ass off. It's gambling on the crypto or stock market.

But it's not just the shitty people you're forced to deal with. It's the lack of control over your life. Say what you want about homeless people, but at least they have the freedom to sleep in. Imagine lacking the freedom to sleep when you please. Imagine having less freedom than a fucking cat. I'll constantly try to arrange trips or even just chill sessions with my working friends, but usually their job takes up so much of their time that it's unfeasible. Plus they need some time to "recover" from their job. They lack the freedom to get wasted on a Sunday.

The shitjobs are just the common denominator jobs that literally everyone is capable of getting. But make no mistake: ALL jobs are shit, even the most prestigious ones. I have an acquaintance who is a quantitative analyst on Wall Street. Yeah, he makes a salaried half million a year. What does he do with it? He bought a house, a nice car, and a mail-order bride. But does he ever go anywhere other than the same handful of overpriced restaurants? Nope. Does he put any of that money towards the pet programming projects he used to work on? No time. Does he frivolously buy hovercrafts because he can afford it? No, because he is still the same frugal guy I knew in high school. It gets worse. He told me that most of the people in his firm leave after 5 years, either due to being fired or mere burnout. Every few years one will commit suicide. His plan is to quit after 5 years himself to go leanFIRE (i.e. frugal Financially Independent Retire Early) because it's so stressful. So what he actually does with his money is save it for the purpose of, you guessed it, becoming a NEET. We are all born NEETs and most people die NEETs. It is the apex of human existence. Do you really think that Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk keeps their nose to the grindstone these days? Don't be ridiculous. They pursue whatever retarded flight of fancy they feel like pursuing. They do not generate wealth. They DID generate wealth in the past, created self-sustaining passive income streams, and now they are dilletante NEETs.

I know most NEETs fear that sword of Damocles of getting cut off. But that doesn't go away when you get a job ESPECIALLY a "prestigious" well-paying job. Not only can you be fired for choosing to take care your health or simply making your boss look incompetent, you can now be fired for tweets you made 15 years ago. NEETdom is a superpower that gives you immunity to cancel culture.

Let's back up a bit. Don't succumb to "hustle culture" propaganda. If you work really really hard, the consequences of that will be you go bald and die faster. Stop acting like you're some temporarily embarrassed millionaire. Elon Musk's dad owned a South African diamond mine. Trump got a small business loan of a million dollars from his dad. It ain't a meritocracy, jack. Never was.

Even if you want to be an entrepreneur who works for himself, don't forget that the market is irrational. I'm not a huge fan of his politics but Tim Pool is a good example. When he got fired from Disney and Vice, he started trying to make independent documentaries on genuinely interesting things like the Fukushima nuclear disaster. This cost him tens of thousands of dollars to produce and even required some risk to his personal safety. On paper it probably seemed like a good idea; no one else was covering such an interesting occurrence, so he was filling a hole in the market it. At the same time he also started producing YouTube videos where he rambles for 10 minutes about tweets and marvel movies. Real low effort stuff that is in no short supply. Guess which videos get more views? Time enjoyed is not wasted and he seems to enjoy making the documentary as well as the marvel movie rants.

Anyway, at the end of the day the only reason people work is money. Take it from a NEET who lucked into a small fortune: collecting all the hotdogs won't make you feel any less empty inside. The only "good" jobs are the ones you would be willing to do for free anyway. That is what will cure your anhedonia: having purpose.

No.4488

>>4484
Sorry for the stimulant-induced rant. To respond to you more directly, I think that of you're a NEET who wants to "prepare for the future" you are better off getting really good at what you already enjoy doing. It's 2022. Plenty of people make a living (or at least supplement their part-time shitjob) by streaming video games, rambling on video, debating on twitch, drawing hentai, reviewing anime, etc. Crypto and /r/WallStreetBets reduced the barrier to entry for the entire finance industry, but in practice it's mainly just people shitposting (which is actually what those investment bankers in suits are doing behind closed doors too.). Even science and engineering are rapidly becoming democratized. You can buy a CRISPR gene-editing kit for around $1,000. Pic related.

No.4494

>>4487
>Stop acting like you're some temporarily embarrassed millionaire.
I think you projected that and other things into my post anon, maybe the image I used made it seem like I was idealistic about my situation but no I'm not, I'm simply not fatalistic and I was against the idea anon put out of inevitably working at Mcdonalds.
I definitely don't succumb to hustle culture or things like that, in fact I agree with your post entirely and its conclusion. I already thought about this before, believe me, the logical conclusion I got was that the hotdogs are just the means to sustain myself while I try to be happy, (although it does help).
I do realize being a young neet is peak freedom and many norms look for ways to become one with self sustained passive income as you mentioned (many books about how to do it).
The point of my post was for neets to honestly weight their options but I admit it reads like I thought becoming a hard working wagie was the only option eventually.
>>4488
>you are better off getting really good at what you already enjoy doing
This is precisely what I'm doing anon My plan is to get fit to prepare myself for the world, learn Japanese and learn how to draw before my neet years eventually end. I feel like It'd be a waste to end up as a dekinai when I've been a neet for more than 5 years, I believe it is my duty to learn the sacred tongue as a neet. will I make money from my hobbies? who knows, idc but they are fun and I'm developing skills. My parents want me to go to college and I'm not against the idea but I don't feel ready yet, I won't feel ready until I get to a decent level of proficiency on those things. They are not really pushy about it so I think I have at least 2 years more as a neet. spoiler because blog thanks anon.

No.4498

>>4494
I definitely did project antiNEET/bootstrap/doomer sentiment on to your post and I apologize.

Protip for learning Japanese: find an untranslated game you want to play (I am currently struggling through Segagaga for Dreamcast) or a hentai you want to see translated. When you have a specific goal that you're working towards (as opposed to simply learning Japanese because it's cool) it is much easier to keep going. I felt pretty accomplished translating this hentai and it definitely helped me a bit with the language: https://e-hentai.org/g/1983197/b80990bc69/

I'll still randomly do Memrise or Anki drills when I'm standing in line or something, but the (knowledge payoff)/(effort put in) ratio is much higher for non-drill exercises. Also (while I am too shy to try it myself) I have heard the best way to learn a language other than moving to a country where it's spoken is to find a language partner with an app like: https://www.hellotalk.com/?lang=en