ussr-first-satellite-first(…).png (124.84 KiB, 500x464) google saucenao
Working out makes me too high T No.4556

I don't have a problem with being motivated to exercise. I have some weird neurochemistry that produces endorphins far easier than the average person, so working out is literally heroin to me.

All good right? That's what I thought. As many of you are aware, lifting weights generally increases testosterone production and makes people more confident. Here's the rub: I'm naturally super high-T and confident. Getting strong makes me feel invincible and somehow attracts other men to want to challenge me. If you've ever played Yakuza or Kenka Banchou that's kind of how it works with me.

The problem is that in real life fights lead to injury, pissed off friends, and arrests. It's like clockwork: I start working out, and inevitably I get more and more aggressive until I get arrested.

This isn't some humblebrag. Does anyone have any advice? My parents made me go to a therapist a few years ago because they thought the problem was smoking weed, but it was in fact the professional therapist who suggested not working out just to see what happens. I quit and haven't had any problems with the law or gotten into any fights since. That was a few years ago, I just started working out this past winter, and this past weekend I somehow got into a fight with my brother and pissed him off. Again, I quit working out and all desire to fight disappeared.

Am I just doomed to never be fit? I miss having a six-pack because it enabled me to do a backflip. I'm of course well-aware of the physical and neurological benefits of exercise, but there's no point if I'll just end up ostracized and/or in jail. Does anyone else have this problem? Being a NEET gives me so much free time to work out. I miss spending the afternoon watching anime and training in the basement. I miss the endorphin high, especially because actual opiates make me nauseous and are not free.

No.4561

>>4556
I don’t understand how you get in fights. Is it not possible to just keep to yourself? Mind over matter kind of thing.

Anyways, keep working out. Take care of yourself. 頑張ってください!

No.4562

I wonder if it's only the T that is the problem. If it is that could easily be combated by taking a low dose of some medication to mildly reduce your production, ideally something related to GnRH as they have little side effects, or possibly some mild receptor blockage, but I don't think medication is necessarily a good idea. It sounds like a bad idea.

It might be something other than the T, it's possible you would get these same feelings and behaviors if you had low T and worked out.
I'm not a bodybuilder, in fact I never work out, so I'm not one to give advice on this, but I suspect there are other people like you who have been in the same position and found a solution that enables them to still be able to work out. If there is nobody here with personal experience reaching out to you, I would advice you seek out a community that is very likely to have people with personal experience in the matter.

No.4563

>>4561
>I don’t understand how you get in fights. Is it not possible to just keep to yourself?
I'm not totally out of control, but this is a problem in my life that I have recognized. If I am in shape, I am more likely to be aggressive. It's probably a combination of:
1) increased confidence/happiness because endorphins
2) I give off subconscious vibes that I'm looking for a fight
3) increased energy/gusto/etc because of testosterone boost

It's like how you can blame the rape victim for dressing like a slut and getting raped. It's not a guarantee that working out will result in a bad outcome for me, but it definitely raises the probability.

>>4562
lmao this is the first place I've brought this problem where I wasn't immediately bombarded by betas who think I'm just making excuses to not lift

No.4565

The thought of people coming up to you like in Yakuza is hilarious to me.
Testosterone tends to be misunderstood. It does make you more aggressive if you're already prone to aggression but normal people get primed into thinking T makes them more aggressive and in turn become aggressive.
There are studies showing the relationship of placebo and aggression when taking fake T pills.

>Getting strong makes me feel invincible and somehow attracts other men to want to challenge me
https://youtu.be/wLE71i4JJiM?t=5529 [timestamp]
>If you raise testosterone levels, the amygdala gets a lower threshold for deciding that a face looks threatening.

>There's no way you could look at an individual's testosterone levels and because it's 2 units higher than it was last week, or higher than the person sitting next to them to make any sort of prediction about who is going to be more aggressive
>When you see a correlation between levels of aggression and levels of testosterone is the behaviour driving the testosterone and not the other way around.

I don't think -assuming- other people are looking for a fight after you work out is a good idea.

No.4566

>>4565
correct link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLE71i4JJiM#t=5530

No.4567

>>4566
1:32:10

No.4568

I can’t relate, but some people are just a menace to themselves or others if left unchecked. You need some kind of outlet for that.

No.4595

I have worked out seriously for several years and I was much more likely to get into a fight before I did. I've even done steroids multiple times and it never drove me to want to fight, and when you're bigger other men are far far less likely to try and slight you to engage in fighting.

OP you may just be a naturally aggressive person.

No.4596

>>4595
I know I'm a naturally aggressive person, and being fit gives gives me the confidence/testosterone to engage physically. I'm not completely retarded, so I know when I would have no chance of winning. When I've been working out, I subconsciously realize I can win. In the moment, when someone wrongs me, I would normally not confront them. I don't think about any of this consciously in the moment.

No.4597

>>4565
Lol I guess it is a funny thought. You misunderstood though. It's an involuntary behavior. After the fact, I realize it's usually as much my fault as it is theirs. I'm like 33 though. This is a consistent thing that happens.

Maybe the rape analogy was confusing. Think of it like drinking: I know that if I got drunk alone with a female friend, I would try to hook up with her. Therefore, I deliberately don't get drunk alone with female friends.