ff.jpg (245.63 KiB, 1357x2048) google saucenao
No.5738

Are semi neets welcome here? I work 20 hours a week from home and it's not bad at all, it's not nearly as stressful as being a retail or gas station wagie which is what neets seem to dread the most.

No.5739

I don't mind as long as you're not a normal basically

No.5743

Absolutely. If you're a part-time worker, a logical corollary of that is that you're a part-time NEET. Not all jobs are created equal. Plenty of people have found a niche either through luck or nepotism that grants them the ability to get paid to screw around on their computer i.e. exactly what they were planning on doing anyway.

No.5747

Only if you’re a former NEET.

No.5753

'Semi neet' does not exist. You are employed, you are not neet.

No.5764

>>5753
I don't think he cares. I tried to explain the difference in employment vs non-employment and they didn't seem to get it and compared selling plasma to a job, despite not being employed and having no schedule at all, and then they encourage non-neets to call themselves part-time neets even though it makes no sense when they work around half the week every month. If someone is employed, they are forced to follow schedules. They don't have the same freedom, the same mentality, the same life. Whether you want them to be welcome to post or not is one thing, but at the end of the day when you are employed you are never and will never be a neet unless you become unemployed. It's called "NOT EET". Not "EET half the week". You either are or aren't. Some things actually are black and white, even if many things aren't.

>>5743
Not logical.

No.5765

>>5738
How long have you been doing it? Are you a hikki?

No.5773

>>5764
>they are forced to follow schedules
That’s not necessarily true, I can work whenever I want as long as I put at least 10 hours in

Also, the type of job matters. When I was a Walmart employee, I was working hard the entire time. The only breaks I had were breaks that were mandated by law. Plus, I was in pain from having to spend the entire shift on my feet.

With this job, when I say I work for 20 hours, I’m actually not really working for the full 20 hours, it’s more like 8 hours, but I have to complete my tasks slowly or they get upset at me for going too fast. If I go too fast they assume I’m not taking it seriously. They pay me for the full 20 hours.

Ultimately the spirit of neetdom is about being comfy, spending your time in a place you want to be instead of being forced to commute to a workplace, and not having work consume your life (an example of work consuming your life would be working 40+ hours). I think that describes my situation.

No.5774

only if you was an neet before, if you never was an neet then no

No.5784

>>5773
but you can't just... not work that month and show up later. That means you have a flexible schedule, not no schedule. You can't just fuck off for a month or two, like you can by not donating plasma for example (which isn't a job obviously). They'll still want your plasma if you fuck off for a while, but your job will be taken from you if you stop working. You have demands and responsibility from an employer.

I don't personally mind if you post if you have been a neet before and understand what it's like to be a neet for an extended period though, but I cannot and will not consider you a neet while you're employed and that's okay. You have a comfy WFH job with a nice and flexible schedule, and that's a good thing! I wish all workers had that, at least where it's possible (not so much possible for store clerks to just work whenever they feel like it).

I also wish I had a comfy job like you. I am okay with being a neet, but I want a little bit of work to reduce guilt towards my family where I am freeloading without working or paying. I'm not hireable though...

No.5796

>>5764
>enjoying your job means being a NEET
Wow, if this is the guy who’s bringing NEETdom to the mainstream, I’d rather let it stay obscure.

No.5797

>>5738
You're not a NEET obviously, but if you're not a normie, this anon would welcome you. Do you have friends or a social life?

No.5803

I don't see why this talk of "acceptance" is even relevant.

Consider the difference between "Yeah, great job supporting yourself with little or no effort!" and [Insert some fucking tradcuck argument about how you owe the soyciety that hates you your mind].

Do either of those have any impact on your life whatsoever? If you are doing things correctly - no. They can say whatever they like, and at the end of it you'll still be comfy and they won't.. So who gives a shit if your enemies call you mean names on a screen? For that matter, who cares about the virtue signalling?

I'd honestly rather have the latter approach, as encountering enemies means you are going the right direction whereas if most approve of your actions in Clown World it usually means you have chosen... poorly. But either way it doesn't matter. And if some just don't get it and insist that giving a group who considers them the enemy their time and effort is somehow a virtue? Hey, someone's gotta deliver my fucking tendies! Why not the consensual untermensch?

No.5808

>>5764
You do have a schedule if you sell plasma. At least at CSL, you have to go on the same days every week. You can choose the days, but they must be at least 1 day apart. If you fuck up, you have to wait another week to "reset" your days. Then obviously they're only open 12 hours/day. There is a schedule we're forced to follow, though like OP we have some flexibility.

Another similarity is it's pretty easy to be rejected or "fired" from selling your plasma if you don't know what you're doing. Like the guy in the other thread discovered, you can't answer honestly if you have had mental health problems. You get drug tested. I've even been turned away before cause I smelled bad once.

Are freelance carpenters employed? According to your definition, no. They actually have more freedom than plasma sellers because they set their schedule to be whatever they want and no one drug tests them. What about homeless guys who pick up cans or fly a sign? What about day traders? Twitch thots? Landlords? Mturkers? I got paid $0.07 for a Medium article I wrote earlier this year. Am I employed as a writer?

You seem to really care about gatekeeping NEETdom. Feel free to submit an essay making your case to NEETpride Magazine.

No.5819

>You seem to really care about gatekeeping NEETdom. Feel free to submit an essay making your case to NEETpride Magazine.
And you seem to really care about allowing literally anyone to be a neet removing all definitions. No.

No.5822

>>5819
I don't care what you call me. You care what other people call themselves. Why do you care so much? Sounds like you're pretty unhappy

No.5830

I never called you anything, I'm not insulting you anywhere. You are advocating for people working a quarter of their life to call themselves neets. It makes no sense. On the flipside, why do you care if I care, or why do you care if people working part-time can be neets or not? Sounds like you too must be pretty unhappy going by that definition of unhappy, caring about things.

No.5831
No.5837

>>5830
Sorry bud. The difference is I merely want to understand your position better, while you want me to change my behavior. I don't care what you do, I care what you think. You clearly care about what I do (call myself a NEET), but you don't seem to care what I think.

No.5840

>>5837
It’s because we already had the discussion months ago, I know your view and you know mine. And yes or course I don’t want half the working world to call themselves neets, it makes no sense.

No.5843

By the way, I do consider you a neet when all you do is donate plasma.

No.5845

I don't know I feel bad now, I'll shut the fuck up like everyone always wants me to.

No.5850

>>5845
iktf