1e33c634bd1eab2a95c56d36f2(…).png (274.29 KiB, 2160x1080) google saucenao
No.7411

Hello.

Are you happy?

No.7413

I have a hard time believing many - or any - people are satisfied.

But I also understand this viewpoint stems from the ignorance of my limited perspective. Perhaps such people exist. Or perhaps they're lying.

No.7422

I don't know for sure

No.7430

>>7422
If you're unsure, I would err that you're probably not.

No.7444

i mean, i'd say i am, yeah

No.7481

No.
I ask god to kill me every day.
Maybe I could be somewhat calm and less negative if I had grown up in some small town where I had a simple job with friendly people, able to afford a house, and all that.
But ultimately, everything needs to end. I wish the world itself would be destroyed to prevent any more lives being forced into it. It'd just be self-defense against the golems.

No.7483

Not currently, no.

No.7486

I failed to define happiness to myself

No.8147

No.

No.8170

>>7430
I guess you are right

No.8262

I don't remember the last time I had a positive outlook on life. These days I just wish the planet would be destroyed. I have nothing to look forward to during the day, and I constantly think about what I'm going to do when my mother dies. I wish I could've had a normal start to adult life. I think the last chance I had was when my parents weren't divorced. That was the last real reason for me to leave home.

No.8297

Fuck yeah, I'm a NEET! Everyday is a vacation. I honestly struggle to sleep sometimes because I'm so excited to wake up the next day and do more fun activities. I just scheduled a paramotor rental for a month from now when Im going to the beach. I can't believe paramotors are real.

I'm surprised there are so many wageslaves on this site. Maybe you'd be happier if you stopped coming here. It's like if slaves who escaped the plantation made an imageboard and you're slaves still stuck on the plantation. You're just torturing yourself by coming here.

No.8410

I'm content

No.8411

I want to blow my fucking brains out!

No.8415

>>8410
but are you free tho?
the only good content is free content

No.8419

>>8415
“Content”

If you want to describe a feeling of comfort and satisfaction, by all means say you are “content,” but using the word as a noun to describe publications and works of authorship adopts an attitude you might rather avoid: it treats them as a commodity whose purpose is to fill a box and make money. In effect, it disparages the works themselves. If you don't agree with that attitude, you can call them “works” or “publications.”

Those who use the term “content” are often the publishers that push for increased copyright power in the name of the authors (“creators,” as they say) of the works. The term “content” reveals their real attitude towards these works and their authors.

We first condemned this usage of “content” in 2002. Since then, Tom Chatfield recognized the same point in the Guardian:

Content itself is beside the point—as the very use of words like content suggests. The moment you start labelling every single piece of writing in the world “content,” you have conceded its interchangeability: its primary purpose as mere grist to the metrical mill.

In other words, “content” reduces publications and writings to a sort of pap fit to be metered and piped through the “tubes” of the internet.

Martin Scorsese condemned the attitude of “content” in regard to films.

The attitude implied by “content” is illustrated pointedly in this critical description of the development path of platforms run by people who base their thinking on that concept.

The article uses this word over and over, along with “consume” and “creators.” Perhaps that is meant to illustrate the way those people like to think.

See also Courtney Love's open letter to Steve Case and search for “content provider” in that page. Alas, Ms. Love is unaware that the term “intellectual property” is also biased and confusing.

However, as long as other people use the term “content provider,” political dissidents can well call themselves “malcontent providers.”

The term “content management” takes the prize for vacuity. “Content” means “some sort of information,” and “management” in this context means “doing something with it.” So a “content management system” is a system for doing something to some sort of information. Nearly all programs fit that description.

In most cases, that term really refers to a system for updating pages on a web site. For that, we recommend the term “web site revision system” (WRS).
t. RMS

No.8421

>>8415
the only good software is free software.
t. freetard GNUisance

No.8422

>>8421
Based. I am en enjoyer of free/libre software.

I am happy. Why sit around being depressed. Just like be happy lmao

No.8425

>>8422
Yeah I should get back to making my free FPS instead of moping all day. I probably need more pizza and caffeine in my system.