makesyathink.jpg (191.45 KiB, 1274x720) google saucenao
If you're not a NEET by choice, you're not a NEET No.8689

Being a NEET isn't like being an incel. Being a NEET is something you have to actively desire.

If you're just too much of a loser to get a job or into a good university, you're a failed normie, the very antithesis of a NEET. True NEETs have considered what society has to offer and decided there are better ways to spend one's life than working, going to school, or taking training courses. Calling someone who is forced into NEETdom against their will a NEET is like calling a rape victim a loving wife. If you're extremely depressed as a NEET, this is a strong indication you're actually a failed normie.

No.8704

Yes.

No.8705

>>8689
Maybe a new term ought to be made.

There's NEET... and then there's NEETBC

NEET By Choice

an incidental play of words on B.C. – for it ordains a type of NEET rarely known, an ancient artifact.

Anno domini, these NEETs are of legends.
Genesis 6:4 - taking the path of the original parasite par excellence

No.8733

If there is no free will, then there is no such thing as choice. Incels are incels regardless of whether or not they agree with the label or adopt the culture.

No.8737

god freed us from slavery. and that is eternal. meaning that those that have souls will never be allowed to be slaves(signing contracts + working for extra profit for others is slavery).
Doesn't matter anyways. Mental illness, shitty country - we're all at home and don't or can't work.

No.8750

> Too much of a loser to get into good job/university

How exactly does this make you a loser? In my country at least (the US) those things are generally pretty luck based, and determined primarily by your parents' level of wealth.

> everything else you said

Well, that's a bit black and white, no? Suppose you were given the ability to work for 5 years, and then have enough money to never have to work again. Would you take it? Would taking that deal make you a fakeNEET/normie?

Normies are the kinds of people who get money and then decide to have kids, or buy an expensive house, or a nice car, or work well into retirement. They do not value their independence, are gladly exploited by others, and are the cause of almost all modern problems.

Is someone who planned on doing FIRE, but then couldn't get a job out of college really a "failed normie"? Is someone who couldn't get into a good college out of high school, and therefore has to work shitty low-paying jobs necessarily a "failed normie"? Is someone born into poverty who kills himself to avoid wageslavery a "failed normie"?

I would go as far as to claim that that description - "too much of a loser to get a job or good college" - applies to damn near everyone on this board. Idk if you're paying attention, but the idea of NEETs as a group of highly capable individuals who just "chose" not to follow the regular path is a reach.

The truth is that if you had a route to a good job, you would be a fool not to take it. Most of us without buxx will have to kill ourselves by age 40. Is that really a better life than the alternative?

No.8758

>>8750
>Well, that's a bit black and white, no?
Correct. As all reality is.
>Suppose you were given the ability to work for 5 years, and then have enough money to never have to work again. Would you take it?
Yes.
>Would taking that deal make you a fakeNEET/normie?
No. Well, not after you retire anyway.
>Is someone who planned on doing FIRE, but then couldn't get a job out of college really a "failed normie"?
No. I'll allow someone in that situation to call themselves a NEET.
>Is someone born into poverty who kills himself to avoid wageslavery a "failed normie"?
No. "Failed normie" is a subset of alive people, therefore a dead person is just worm food.
>the idea of NEETs as a group of highly capable individuals who just "chose" not to follow the regular path is a reach.
I concede that. This thread is more a prescription than a description.
>The truth is that if you had a route to a good job, you would be a fool not to take it.
No. You'd have to be a NEET to not take it. A very different type of person from a fool.
>Most of us without buxx will have to kill ourselves by age 40. Is that really a better life than the alternative?
I mean, yeah. 40 years of NEET bliss > ~30 years of NEET bliss + 40 years of work. I'm one of those "right to suicide" advocates though.

No.8788

>>8750
I always had my eyes on the prize - bread and circuses. I found the most efficient means of doing so and took it. A "good job" would just cost 200 or more hours a month for the exact same resources I get without getting out of bed in the morning.

No.8891

>>8689
I am afraid of others irl