172834712934.png (1.52 MiB, 1284x1024) google saucenao
The Anonymity Conundrum No.8799

Lack of identity is ideal.
It's also a little restrictive in its possibilities.

With anonymity you can, of course, write mostly anything you want (that doesn't bring too much attention).
Another beautiful quality is how content stands alone.
It's not influenced from accrued perspectives on the author.

What's confusing is how to expand that expression while still reaping the rewards of anonymity.
With longer standing projects, having an identity becomes a necessity to interactively grow a creation.

For example, if one were to make a website for NEETs, that person invariably needs the "admin" role to accept feedback.
Or making blog website for longer thought out posts requires a marker, a trail – the url if nothing else.

In short, just wishing there was a way to have the cake and eat it too: to shed identity (and responsibility) for creations, while also finding easy to approach multi-day projects instead of shitposting.
For often an idle wonder comes, "how to contribute to the neet.moe community beyond some shitposts?" – not out of obligation, or a need to please.
Nothing else beyond how it'd be more interesting

No.8802
concern.jpg (109.12 KiB, 1235x849) google saucenao

I mean, there are plenty of pseudononymous sites and apps. Discord is probably your best bet for what you're looking for.

No.8803

>>8802
Unfortunately pseudonymity still accrues perspectives on whoever owns it.
Any website with pseudonyms usually gets overrun with people more attached to their persona than the content

No.8814

>>8802
discord will keep everything you ever posted, even if you delete your account
I doubt even deleting your posts helps, who can say if they are being deleted or just hidden so the site owners could still access everything?

No.8818

Shitposting is my bread and butter!

No.8837
MMM.jpg (105.99 KiB, 1155x856) google saucenao

>>8814
There are definitely a few open source decentralized alternatives to discord that WON'T keep everything you post, but you have to lead the charge and start actively shilling it because no one sufficiently cool uses them at the moment.

No.8838

>>8837
Based.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEeBs8wC0JQ
https://matrix.org/
https://tox.chat/
https://jami.net/

No.8840

>>8838
Made a NEETpride room: https://matrix.to/#/#neetpride:matrix.org

fuck discord

No.8848

>>8840
Is the email I use publicly viewed?
May need to create a new email...

No.8853

https://discord.gg/SswU6yjr3t

neet/hiki/sui

if youre looking for a place to be only halfway to anonymous

No.8858

>>8853
Discord is anti-neet software!

No.8861

>>8858
Based.

No.8921

>>8799
i think i will talk about discord for a bit, maybe this is a small hijack of this thread,
i agree with you about the idea that you almost need a small pseudonym in order to work on something and not have people who get confused, but this often leads to people becoming more focused on the persona rather than the actual thing being discussed,
you find this often happens on discords about something. im not on the neet server or whatever, but as far as i could guess, i think it has probably devolved into personaposting and conversation rather than actually talking about what its like being a neet,
i guess theres nothing really wrong with that, its the choice of the people within a server to talk about what they want, but often it seems to me that this trend pushes out any actual discussion of the topic, which becomes surface level, in favor of talking about the people who are interested in the topic,
maybe this is because the people who like something are usually likeminded and that means they will like talking with each other, but i still dont really like this, because it means that if i came somewhere to talk about something with people, i have to fear the risk of the discussion turning into a regular conversation,
i think that ultimately anonymity furthers actual discussion over persona-based conversation, and often leads to a productive and fruitful conversation, however this cannot be maintained for actual projects for the reasons you outlined before,
in my opinion what must be done is to do both. post with a persona or an account when you need to work on a project, anonymity for everything else. i've found that simply only posting about your work on a project is far better than engaging with the other people working on it (leads to more productivity),
but im kind of bad at social interaction so idk,
thoughts?

No.8924

>>8921
Based.

No.8937

>>8858
The entire world is anti-NEET. Just let me talk to my NEET girls on DIscord.

No.8941

>>8937
>girls
>discord
Those are men, anon...

No.8943

>>8921
>i've found that simply only posting about your work on a project is far better than engaging with the other people working on it
very true

so are you suggesting to make an alter-ego account and do not allow any sort of contact?

No.8944

Gather round, gather round!

I see ye struggles, ye been through many, aye.

Now thine shadows that cloak ye incongruity shall lose thy suture!

STAND TALL MY DEAR NEETs!

Today begins the conquest of a new frontier.
DO NOT COWER AWAY!
RAISE THY HEAD!
EQUIP THY PSEUDONYM!
Set ablaze the fields once bound up, hushed away - let thy soot ashen thy knees, thy face marked and yet humbly proceeds!

>We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come.

No.8952

>>8840
I was going to make an account but then realized that IM gives me massive amounts of anxiety.
I'm not sure how you people do it.

No.8968

>>8937
>NEET girls on discord
>girls, neet
>discord
LEL

No.8978

>>8968
lel

No.9030

>>8943
I think this would be ideal, but its also good to have a small group of associates critique your works. though i guess the public could also do this after the work is released. your choice really,

No.9044

>>9030
the thought of having IM stresses me out though tbqh

ok I will declare a new pseudonym right here
...in time, when there's something of substance to share

is namefagging even wanted by most people here?
well there's no name field so that gives the admin's perspective