72FFE828-B56C-4079-BF1C-F0(…).jpeg (202.47 KiB, 710x1136) google saucenao
NEET Literature No.907

What are some good books written by or about NEETs? Preferably something funny. Pic related.

No.941

A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole is very NEET-ish in my opinion. The main character definitely hates wageslavery and the book has comedic vibes.

No.1580

Have you read this book? Is it any good? I'm wondering because It's not very popular, as there is one post about it from the author on reddit with 0 replies. Could you be the author himself or somebody that knows the author?

No.2076

>>1580
John Kennedy Toole died in 1969.
>>907
The Magic Mountain.

No.2078

>>941
Seems interesting. I might have to give this one a read. Do you happen to have a download link or is it possibly on the internet archive?

No.2079

>>941
Disregard that question, ">>2078". I ended up finding a copy. I'll read it either whenever I have the time or possibly after I finish my next meal here in a couple of hours. Granted you even still come by this thread or this imageboard these days.

No.2093

Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka is relatable.

No.2094

>>2093
My parents are kind to me right now but that's because they want me to recover. Just like in the Metamorphosis they'll soon get tired and start to hate me.

No.4304

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHaPKGTu2hw

No.4739

Bart Simpson's Guide to Life

No.4741

>>4739
Do you got a higher res source for that? I'm putting that in NEETpride Magazine.

No.4744

>>4741
Nope but you can download the book and take a screenshot
https://www.slideshare.net/sumegha.rao/bart-simpsons-guidetolife

there are other funny pages like when he says ¨rule 1: Your parents wants you to be happy. rule 2: Happiness is money¨.

No.4759

Someone told me to read Crime and Punishment, the McDuff translation, but I can’t find it online.

No.4761

>>4759
https://easyupload.io/y4crdx
This was unreasonably hard to find, but here.

I actually have this exact translation of this book and have been meaning to read it. So i'd be interested to hear what you think of it

No.4776

>>4741
Include the 10 Montenegrin Commandments also :)

No.4783

>>4741
I think it's too juvenile. This isn't NEETpride Jr.

No.4802

>>907
you should absolutely read these as a NEET:
oblomov by ivan goncharov
of human bondage by william somerset maugham
the tartar steppe by dino buzzati
and this>>2076

No.5787

This is a series about a conflict between two worlds. From Earth's perspective, the conflict is that a world already on the verge of death from men checking out of soyciety is arguably killed off because they'd rather literally kill themselves and isekai themselves in a "video game" than deal with Clown World and its bullshit.

From the perspective of the good world, the conflict is that for every one based man who just wants out, there's thousands of soycattle who are bringing the same subversive Clown World shit in. Cue aggressive and hilarious gatekeeping.

And funny?

Most of the remaining articles were near identical, about two dozen or so. All of them were written by female authors with a whole lot of extra years and extra pounds on them. It was obvious within seconds that their personality, such as it were was even more decrepit than their looks, and a glimpse at their soulless eyes revealed that their mileage vastly eclipsed both of those combined.
Yet, they would have you believe that men were sexist because we would rather spend our money and time on games, such as PRO than them.
The Plus Sized Princess Posse also used their words as magic spells to call PRO itself sexist, claiming that it promotes unrealistic standards of femininity.
To be fair to the Bowling Ball Brigade, they were not wrong.

No.5789

Anything by HP Lovecraft. I always admired the way he refused to get a job or do anything practical.

No.6033

¨The basic laws of human stupidity¨
it explains p well why imageboards and societies in general go south eventually. Not entirely true but the book definitely isn't satire as many dumbos like to think.

No.6053

>>6033
Sounds interesting.