andromeda-nebula-1900.png (261.82 KiB, 648x600) google saucenao
What is the pont of recovery? No.2435

The point of recover for NEET and hikikomori is so they are able to participate in society and have a quality of life that others who work and go outside have access to.
But what is the point of recovery when you do not enjoy being social with people in the meat space nor desire more than you currently have in terms of money to acquire material things?

Nearly everyone is motivated by social goals and many activities people engage in contribute towards these aims such as getting a good job it extends beyond being able to provide for yourself and includes being able to buy status items or appeal to a mate.
It would be unfair to neglect to mention how working does provide a sense of purpose however ideally we could find our own outside of employment.

Maybe you want to return to society and have been forced to isolate because mental health problems but as you begin to explore the world again you find yourself alienated by the years of isolation? is there a way to return after you have reached this seemingly point of no return?

I do not know how to motivate myself to participate when the prize for entering the rat race does not appeal to me and I wish it did I feel so utterly alone s isolated and warped by isolation that I actively seek it.

What about you NEET and hikikomori do you relate at all to this? is there a way to want to be apart of the world again?

No.2436

im not really sure if there is
a lot of focus on recovering from mental health is just so that people can return to work. improve your health so you can work more! even when your work is dentrimental to your mental health. the goal is to keep you working and slaving away and mental issues are only an issue if they stop you from being in the work place and people with mental illnesses who can't work are worthless

No.2439

>>2436
This is true and my experience of the disability system and essentially is insurance for the government to get you working again. The popular and prevalent view in mental health is that if you do not enjoy the normalfag way of life and want to be a part of it you must have a disorder but I think it can go deeper than this and some of us are not wired to enjoy life as it currently exists.

No.2440

>>2439
well i mean withdrawing from work and stuff is often seen as a sign of depression which gets people put on meds. who really wants to work for some shit job 40+ hours a week? humans in general weren't meant to live this way. Mental illness is only becoming more and more common

No.2445

I don't relate to this, but I also don't think this is the actual end goal.
For me, the end goal is to just be left alone and live a live without pain.

The reason why working is seen as a healthy state, is because it usually is. I.e. people want meaning in their life, etc. But meanings can be quite simplistic, for instance just having money, or a calm and quiet life.

After all, most housewifes etc. never have jobs, they just run a household, and that's it. And people still say that's healthy.

I think the reason you're being pushed towards work, is because without social integration, you're left to your own. And being on disability, sure that's one thing, but it's also being paid by the people who ARE working, etc. so there's an element of give and take. So I do see why work for someone that is alone and withdrawn from society is quite important.

Personally, I don't care. I was mentally ill before I was old enough to work. I'm 37 now, and my life is just pain. I "make money" from various sources, as my parents are both deceased, and I didn't inherit much.

I do various things online, etc. and I can scrape by, but I'll pass on jobs that require some sort of process where I have to actually talk to someone or show my face. The I'm only willing to interact via text and mails, etc.

I do collect disability benefits, but I'm still able to do a little money on the side, such that nobody notices. Most of my "extra" money is from investment in CC and ETFs.

To me, this is acceptable, as I don't see any alternative. The only other alternative, is to simply collect disability benefits, and that's it. But I already do, and I do a little extra on the side, and still have no human interaction. To me, this is probably as healthy as I'll ever get.

No.2448

>>2440
Raises the question of what is mental illness and what is a healthy reaction to the environment that we are subject to. I personally like to think that maybe I would be broken no matter what and if things were different I would just cause my own problems regardless but that could be a cope to deal with the fact that if we had a better upbringing maybe it would not be this way.
I spend so much time fantasizing about waking up as a child with another family or even traveling back in time and I know this wont happen but it is nice to imagine.

I do not want to be this way anymore I do not like that I can find being miserable enjoyable but what can I do?

No.2450

>>2445
Question. DO you think that you would feel worse if you were given enough money that you did not need to bother to invest and make money on the side as that provides some sort of goal and I imagine you spend time following trends on CC etc and researching?

Does all this provide a bit of purpose and goals for you?

No.2454

>>2435
>What about you NEET and hikikomori do you relate at all to this?
No, spectator mode. I'm just observing the decay.

No.2465

>>2450
It'd probably be of no difference.
That's part of the problem. There's literally nothing in my life, that is fulfilling.
I hate living the way I do, but every other possible alternative is worse, so I keep living like this until the day I die.

If I had all the more money just given to me, I'd probably just buy a bunker and simply rot there.

I wish I was paid for my passions, but tbh, I have almost no practical ones. I'm a very good learner, I'm a relatively good embedded developer and hardware designer. I wish I was more of an engineer and scientist. I love making and researching things.
But to find work in a field like that, you must be quite driven, and willing to interact with others.

But my hate for human interaction (and my fear of them) makes it all impossible.

I'm withdrawing from life, because I know that I'm already pretty much dead inside. All my aspirations and dreams are all impossible. At this point, if I had all the money In the world, I'd probably arrange for the most comfortable, pleasant death imaginable, one that also requires no human interaction at all - no Idea how that'd look like.

I love analyzing data. It distracts me from my daily pain. I analyze weather data, and I'm currently watching a 30h course on machine learning. Following CC and market trends is a good distraction. I love looking at data and its visualizations and look for patterns, etc. It requires zero interaction with other people, hence it's OK for making money, but I can think of a bunch more interesting "jobs", etc.

My dream would be to have like a huge design engineering lab and prototyping factory, and infinite amounts of funds. So I can just invent and build things, etc. I'd dabble in everything from nano technology, to spacecraft design (actually, I participated in cubesat design, but I the project kinda fell by the wayside, as one section took over and the inactive users simply lost interest. I was unwilling to become more active, so I was kinda pushed to the side and overlooked. They've since replaced my work almost entirely). I wish I had access to all that, but I never will: #1 I'm too old to start a career in that (I'm 37, no degree); #2 I'm a cripple when it comes to social interactions.
You need both, I have none of them.

I will live like this until I die - hopefully comfortably.

No.2475

>>2465
I have read your reply but unable to reply myself however thank you for sharing your thoughts.

No.2482

>>2475
No worries. I hope I've given some insight in my life.

But yeah, I believe the idea behind putting people into work, is to open then up for meaning in life.

I can see why, I wish I had meaning in life, but I'm just a worthless piece of shit.

t. >>2465

No.2495

The point of recovery for NEET and hikikomori is where they are able to survive on their own by any means necessary. Wanting to not kill yourself has nothing to do with it because there are plenty of working people for whom it is a lifelong fantasy. Forget about participating in or contributing to society. Most people's contribution is negligible. That's why they're so easily replaced with cultureless cheap foreign labor and automation. Working a dead end job allows no quality of life only living to eat.

Of course you're not going to feel good when your values are at odds with the mainstream, and the recline is more readily apparent to you than it is to others. Nothing matters in this world anymore besides money which can insulate you from a lot even if it dirties your hands in the process. You don't need to acquire possessions with money; you can buy experiences which will turn into memories that age like a fine wine.

Saying nearly everyone and social goals is overly simplistic. I want to eat at a fancy restaurant by myself without feeling embarrassed. Even the internet was originally the province of the well-off and look how much better the level of discourse was back then. That's what being part of the next big thing is like. If you really just wanted to provide for yourself, you'd learn to be a survivalist. Appealing to a mate is good because you're happy, she's happy, and your offspring will be happy and healthy instead of a NEET who is oppressed by his poor conditions. Very few NEETs are independently wealthy because of inherited money; even fewer had good parents.
>however ideally we could find our own outside of employment
You are as naive as an utopian about human nature. The vast majority of people have been and always will be workhouses of limited imagination and creativity who live to be distracted in service of their masters. We're only different because we're autistic.

I hate how you make money in this fake world. If you have money, there are so many doors that open up e.g. just look at philanthropists. All my problems stem from lack of childhood investment and human capital. The poor become poorer, and there is a point where you cannot make it to a living wage.

You clearly feel guilt, as do I for being poor. That's the only thing I feel guilt for. If I was rich, I would feel not a whit of it because I would be allocating resources to make the world a better place just by buying nice things instead of making do with cheap junk that pleases no one and is destined for the landfill.

The world has a lot to teach, but it's also the most unforgiving teacher ever.

No.5536

The only jobs that are available to me are the ones where you have to be around people, like packing shelves and dealing with customers. If you are unable to mentally handle dealing with people then they will start giving you written warnings and then fire you. It's impossible to have a job for people like me. Yet retards will continue having children because they're thoughtless nigger golems.

No.5537

Those that are able to have jobs are part of this Earth, like the dirt that covers it.
We have souls and we are in an entirely different situation/world.
It's like being a drop of water on a planet of fire. The flames will wonder why you can't be like them.
There is no more point in this life. God must come for us soon.