20210328_035320.jpg (203.38 KiB, 1134x1609) google saucenao
No.2613

how do you find the motivation to keep your room and stuff clean? i don't understand at all. everything feels so exhausting. i feel like why clean something if it'll only need to be cleaned again? but at the same time i feel so disgusting for living like this and there's fruit flies everywhere and i just throw trash on the floor but i find it hard to care much about anything

No.2614

op here also i tend to hoard garbage i had a landlord who yelled at me for having garbage bags and they also get torn by raccoons and now i just hoard it

No.2618

>>2614
the fruit flies are my main source of motivation for cleaning the kitchen .. I'd rather clean then knowingly eat/drink them. still doesn't fucking help so I may just stop too .. or I will set everything on fire .. probably the fire thing

No.2620

if your main problem is throwing trash on the floor, have you considered keeping a trash can right next to where you usually sit?

No.2621

oh and I forgot to mention this, but you don't have to clean up the mess that's already there all at once. just clean up a little more than whatever mess you made and over time the problem will sort itself out

No.2627

>>2620
>>2621
These are good recommendations. Anon is severely depressed, and these things helped. Also: Try to use every walk to the kitchen or bathroom to take something back to where it belongs. And buy moist floor wipes. A lot - they are the most effortless way to clean dirty surfaces of any kind.
Godspeed, anon.

No.2628

>>2627
thanks anon. my brain is so fucked i never even thought about getting a garbage can for my room and basic things like that. There's a huge fog

No.2629

>>2628
Anon knows the state you're in. Anon is cleaning his bathroom since like a week. (Little by little, but that's okay and still feels good. Couldn't clean it for a good year, so it literally looked like shit.)

No.2631

>>2629
whoaa.. my room looks like a hoarders house ! Hoards of garbage

No.2632

Wish me luck Anon, Operation drainpipe starts today. :3

No.2634

>>2632
Operation burbling thunder.

No.2636

>>2627
>>2628
yeah, I know from a combination of first hand experience and extensive reading that the major problem with depression is maintaining inertia once you've started something. taking things as slowly and simply as possible is the best thing to do at times like that.

>>2632
ganbatte! here's a cute maid to cheer you on!

No.2637

>>2636
>ganbatte!
hai ganbarimasu!

No.2638

>>2618
I think fire is a good option!

No.2640

>>2636
1/2

No.2641

>>2640
Mission accomplished!
2/2

No.2642

Mission accomplished!
2/2

No.2643

>>2641
Oops, thought I cancelled this upload due to the filesize...

No.2680

>>2614
Anon has 3 garbage bags in his kitchen. He plans to take those out in the future... Soon.

No.2867

Make a schedule. Also you don't have to clean everything at once at first, take it easy.

No.3064

I literally have cleaners that come every week to clean my apartment as I am too lazy to and this is meant to be because depression so it is a free service for me.

Only cleaning I do is moving some shit off the carpet in my bedroom so they can vacuum

No.3078

I just end up doing it after a month or two once it hits a threshold of filthiness I'm not comfortable with. I'll spend a few hours vacuuming everything and cleaning up crap until the room is in pristine condition, at which point I won't touch it again until its dirty.
Being in a hoarder area feels strangely comfortable, as if all the crap in my surrounds gives character to it. Sterile, bland places give me anxiety.

No.3313

Take trash to the garbage whenever you get up

No.3610

Open your shutters and let sunlight invading your room. The view of you're room enlighten with sunlight will disgust you as much that you'll instantly find the motivation to clean this garbage.

No.3629

only the overlord of the house I live in makes me keep it "clean". My room is filth but there are no piss bottles on the floor and when it gets too bad I will clean it.

No.3630

I clean my shit (some of it at least) when I prepare to work, and I work mostly in MMORPGs.

some stuff i do myself some my mom

No.5385

I just don't get it dirty anymore, which isn't even that hard. Just throw stuff in the bin as opposed to on the floor and don't leave food in your room. ezpz

No.5386

tbh though contemplating leaving empty bottles all over my room like i used to because having a clean empty room is really boring

No.5391

>>5386
screw it i'm gonna do it. it'll be like a measurement of the passing time and fun to see the dr pepper bottles gradually increase over time

plus bottles aren't really that dirty so its fine

No.5395

I thought piss bottles were just a meme. Also, do you hoarder neets have generalized OCD?

No.5401

I clean the house to procrastinate on stuff

No.5402
no.jpg (32.81 KiB, 500x430) google saucenao

>>5395
My mom found my 5+ piss bottles when I was a 19 year old neet. Now I am a 25 year old neet and we never spoke of it. I told her I made too much Ice Tea, but I don't think she bought it. At least she let me pretend like she believed me. They were hidden under my desk.

In my defense I had just had a very rough experience and was too scared to leave my room at night. I no longer use bottles....

No.5403

Also to answer your other question, I used to be a massive horder of even literal trash because "I might need it". I could use the plastic trash to hide weed in and I could use the food to make pipes. I couldn't throw that... I might need that...
I have pure-O.

No.5438

I like being comfy. Dirt and garbage isn't comfy. the opposite in fact. Not to say I'm a clean freak or my space is spotless, but there's merit to sweeping and mopping the floor once a week.

No.5441

>>5402
I honestly thought piss bottles were just a meme.
>>5438
There's merit to doing a lot of things, but we end up not doing them anyway. The thread was more 'how do we make ourselves do meritous things' than 'is it ok to live in a room full of empty food wrappers and piss bottles'

No.5477

I don't like my room is dirty. I prefer minimalistic life and environments around me.

No.5769

>>5402
maybe just start using the bathroom? lol

No.5786

>>5769
It was 6 years ago. You should also read the entire post of uhhh.. 6 short sentences, because it explained the behavior. I am no longer afraid of leaving my room, only afraid of leaving the house.

No.5788

>>5395
>>5769
You don't belong here normalfag cunt

No.5858

>>5395
Piss bottles are awesome and a standard in every hospital.

No.5884

Honestly, reading about other neets and their horrible mess is one of the strongest motivations to clean up my own squalid room. It's strange that I'm largely immune to my own failures, but I can be inspired by other people's.