being a bastard works.jpeg(…).jpeg (114.02 KiB, 600x600) google saucenao
Mental "disorders" that are conducive to NEETdom No.5424

Not mental disorders that are likely to result in neetdom, like depression or anxiety. Those people seem to hate NEETdom and would probably be happier if they were normalfags. Though maybe they'd just hate their lives regardless.

I'm slowly realizing the reason why I'm so content as a NEET might be because I have antisocial personality disorder. I don't feel guilty not working. I don't crave social validation.

No.5425

>like depression or anxiety. Those people seem to hate NEETdom
Nah, I can't really see a better way to exist than this. How could I complain about total freedom? If I had a job and was a normal, i'd be depressed and have a job. Sounds like a weak deal.

>I'm slowly realizing the reason why I'm so content as a NEET might be because I have antisocial personality disorder. I don't feel guilty not working. I don't crave social validation.
I wish I had that. I don't feel guilty about not working, I couldn't care less about expectations like that or serving society or whatever, but I do crave social validation and it really pisses me off.

I think schizoid personality disorder would probably be conducive to NEEThood.

No.5427

>>5425
That sucks you're still depressed/anxious but it's great you realize that being a neet is not the reason why. Do you think you could ever sate your social validation quota with internet friends and fellow neets?

I've read that for some people it's more about feeling like others can count on you and that you have responsibilities. Do you think taking care of pets or plants would help?

No.5431

>>5427
>great you realize that being a neet is not the reason why
Yeh i wanna use my free time to become a monk scholar whos read every book in existence and studied like 20 topics extensively.

>Do you think you could ever sate your social validation quota with internet friends and fellow neets?
maybe its possible in theory. thats why i post on imageboards but im a fucking pussy so if i get insulted i feel shit about it lol. it doesnt really feel like enough yet, weird. maybe because i dont have any actual friends. but i had online friends before and i got bored of all of them and talking and maintaining friendships felt like too much effort. so this is just weird. maybe ill try again. theres lots of anons here i really like.
i just think itd be alot easier if i didnt want friends or want to be liked or seen though.

>responsibilities
honestly i don't want responsibilities and being counted on sounds annoying. i have 2 cats and they're cute but taking care of them isn't that interesting to me

No.5432

The wiki is kind of interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder

No.5434

>>5431
>but i had online friends before and i got bored of all of them and talking and maintaining friendships felt like too much effort.
That's usually how it goes with irl friends too. Especially once you get into your late 20s. Work (taking up all your time and energy and causing you to move away) is usually enough to end most friendships. Then once they get married, don't expect to hear from them again.
>if i get insulted i feel shit about it lol.
Maybe you can take solace in the fact that most other people are the same way. I would never engage in trolling/debate if I couldn't tell how upset I made people. Sorry if you were one of my past victims.
>honestly i don't want responsibilities and being counted on sounds annoying.
Yeah, it's probably more of a thing for people with specific types of personalities.

No.5440

>>5432
"Some critics such as Nancy McWilliams of Rutgers University and Parpottas Panagiotis of European University Cyprus argue that the definition of SPD is flawed due to cultural bias and that it does not constitute a mental disorder but simply an avoidant attachment style requiring more distant emotional proximity.[68][69] If that is true, then many of the more problematic reactions these individuals show in social situations may be partly accounted for by the judgements commonly imposed on people with this style. However, impairment is mandatory for any behaviour to be diagnosed as a personality disorder. SPD seems to satisfy this criterion because it is linked to negative outcomes. These include a significantly compromised quality of life, reduced overall functioning even after 15 years and one of the lowest levels of "life success" of all personality disorders (measured as "status, wealth and successful relationships").[8][9][10] However, determination of what qualify as "impairments" or as "negative outcomes" is itself potentially subject to cultural bias. People with SPD may not regard a lack of social-status or successful relationships, for example, as a harm. Furthermore, correlation with negative outcomes does not necessarily demonstrate that these outcomes were directly caused by the schizoidal traits. Rather, it may be that these outcomes are the result of discrimination against people with SPD, who may be viewed as abnormal."

No.5444

I have anxiety followed by depression, and I hate my life. The reason is simple: I wasn’t born with wealth. It’s true that depression makes you see the world in a different way, but people still see and respond to it quite differently. The same goes for NEEThood.

No.8973

I'm schizoid.

No.8976

>falling for the disorder meme

The struggle for definition is veritably the struggle for life itself. In the typical Western two men fight desperately for the possession of a gun that has been thrown to the ground: whoever reaches the weapon first shoots and lives; his adversary is shot and dies. In ordinary life, the struggle is not for guns but for words; whoever first defines the situation is the victor; his adversary, the victim. For example, in the family, husband and wife, mother and child do not get along; who defines whom as troublesome or mentally sick?... [the one] who first seizes the word imposes reality on the other; [the one] who defines thus dominates and lives; and [the one] who is defined is subjugated and may be killed.

No.8986

>>8976
Based. Mental "disorders" are just stupid labels. only assburgers and shrinks like them!

No.9162

as a sperg i've never been comfortable around other people, so the NEET life is all i've ever known. i do think i'd be happier if i had some friends or close acquaintances to hang out with from time to time.