4A685CE6-0BEE-4A1D-AE51-E1(…).png (293.33 KiB, 924x677) google saucenao
Now do schizophrenia and bipolar No.9366

Depressedfags btfo. Time to work on improving yourselves instead of blaming everything on an invisible disease.

No.9367

You do not belong in this website.

No.9370

>>9366
Contrary to what you are trying to assert, you are not disproving depression, the psychiatric explanation for depression is bullshit, as any thinking man knows, as there never has been and never will be a means to prove a hypothetical neurochemical imbalance that can be magically negated by ingesting dubious substances. The answer is blatantly obvious Depression comes from environmental causes, such as trauma, pain and bordom, or tfw no gf, but most often the case those circumstances are out of our control, I would love to live in a world where scarcity doesn't exist, robots have taken all wagie jobs and humans now dedicate their hours to culture and philosophy and every man can go to a factory which will create a female genetic replicant waifu for him, but we aren't there yet, normies and chads constantly mog us, women are hypergamous sluts and capitalism is still ruining our lives and the planet. So don't you think if I could snap my fingers like Q and create a Communist Utopia throughout the universe, I would. There are and will always be things outside of your control. improovers btfo.

No.9378

Depression is a the rational, healthy response to this gayed up world

No.9385

>>9378
based.

No.9406

>>9370
If you just feel bad because your life is genuinely shitty then that’s probably not depression. Depression implies irrationality, that you feel bad even if life isn’t that bad. That’s why people can be depressed even if they are wealthy for example.

I admit my OP was hyperbolic, but in my view if depression is not a brain disease then that fundamentally changes its nature

No.9407

>>9406
I agree my father has everything he could ever want to be happy, yet he still spergs out
I have just enough to survive, but I have no friends and have been rejected and shunned by all normalfags, and the stupid shrink forced on my arse thinks I'm the irrational one? Psychiatry might be the biggest con job of the modern era.

No.9412

>>>4chan.org

No.9437

>>9406
Depression is only for the rich

No.13896

>>9366
>TFW the non doctors have a better explanation than the brainlet doctors.
Sorry freudfags, Meds won't solve your down to earth problems like housing, food and other vital needs, if anything they will just make you anhero.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtvfmLZjHgU
>>9406
Based.
A brain disease would be something more like meningitis, Alzheimer's or cancer. feeling like shit is not a disease, it is a natural emotional response and should not be treated as if it were a disease.
If shrinks get their way everything that isn't mundane normie shit will be a disease.

No.13899

>>13896
All emotions are a disease.

No.13905

>>13896
People have different biological baselines for happiness.

No.13913

>>13899
Shut up, Cyrus

No.13931

>>9366
Scientists back pedal on everything they do or they wouldn't have a job. Why figure out new helpful things that take time when you can just backpedal and make the same amount.

No.13940

>>13899
Based.
Non-existence is the outcome of pure logic
The will to survive is perpetuated by pure irrationality

No.13943

>>13940
Someone who gets it.

No.13989

>>13940
The right to nonexistence probably will not be taken seriously until the first AI or VI abuse scandal occurs (Virtual Intelligence is a digitally immortal copy of an existing human mind).

No.13990

>>13989
forgot pic

No.13998

Benevolent Artificial Anti-Natalism

By Thomas Metzinger
Professor of Theoretical Philosophy, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz; Adjunct Fellow, Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Study

Let us assume that a full-blown superintelligence has come into existence. An autonomously self-optimizing postbiotic system has emerged, the rapidly growing factual knowledge and the general, domain-independent intelligence of which has superseded that of mankind, and irrevocably so. All of the internet and all of humankind’s scientific knowledge function as its continuously expanding database. Of course, it also exceeds the cognitive performance of humans in all domains of interest. Being its creators, we acknowledge this fact. Accordingly, the superintelligence is also far superior to us in the domain of moral cognition. We also recognize this additional aspect: For us, it is now an established fact that the superintelligence is not only an epistemic authority, but also an authority in the field of ethical and moral reasoning. The superintelligence is benevolent. This means that there is no value alignment problem, because the system fully respects our interests and the axiology we originally gave to it. It is fundamentally altruistic and accordingly supports us in many ways, in political counselling as well as in optimal social engineering.

The superintelligence knows many things about us which we ourselves do not fully grasp or understand. It sees deep patterns in our behaviour, and it extracts as yet undiscovered abstract features characterizing the functional architecture of our biological minds. For example, it has a deep knowledge of the cognitive biases which evolution has implemented in our cognitive self-model and which hinder us in rational, evidence-based moral cognition. Empirically, it knows that the phenomenal states of all sentient beings which emerged on this planet—if viewed from an objective, impartial perspective—are much more frequently characterized by subjective qualities of suffering and frustrated preferences than these beings would ever be able to discover themselves. Being the best scientist that has ever existed, it also knows the evolutionary mechanisms of self-deception built into the nervous systems of all conscious creatures on Earth. It correctly concludes that human beings are unable to act in their own enlightened, best interest.

The superintelligence knows that one of our highest values consists in maximizing happiness and joy in all sentient beings, and it fully respects this value. However, it also empirically realizes that biological creatures are almost never able to achieve a positive or even neutral life balance. It also discovers that negative feelings in biosystems are not a mere mirror image of positive feelings, because there is a much higher sense of urgency for change involved in states of suffering, and because it occurs in combination with the phenomenal qualities of losing control and coherence of the phenomenal self—and that this is what makes conscious suffering a very distinct class of states, not just the negative version of happiness. It knows that this subjective quality of urgency is dimly reflected in humanity’s widespread moral intuition that, in an ethical sense, it is much more urgent to help a suffering person than to make a happy or emotionally neutral person even happier. Further analysing the phenomenological profile of sentient beings on Earth the superintelligence quickly discovers a fundamental asymmetry between suffering and joy and logically concludes that an implicit, but even higher value consists in the minimization of suffering in all sentient creatures. Obviously, it is an ethical superintelligence not only in terms of mere processing speed, but it begins to arrive at qualitatively new results of what altruism really means. This becomes possible because it operates on a much larger psychological data-base than any single human brain or any scientific community can. Through an analysis of our behaviour and its empirical boundary conditions it reveals implicit hierarchical relations between our moral values of which we are subjectively unaware, because they are not explicitly represented in our phenomenal self-model. Being the best analytical philosopher that has ever existed, it concludes that, given its current environment, it ought not to act as a maximizer of positive states and happiness, but that it should instead become an efficient minimizer of consciously experienced preference frustration, of pain, unpleasant feelings and suffering. Conceptually, it knows that no entity can suffer from its own non-existence.

The superintelligence concludes that non-existence is in the own best interest of all future self-conscious beings on this planet. Empirically, it knows that naturally evolved biological creatures are unable to realize this fact because of their firmly anchored existence bias. The superintelligence decides to act benevolently.

No.13999

>>13989
>>13990
At least he can literally yeetus yeetus commit self deletus